37

Aria

"I don't know," I sigh into the phone, talking to Rufus. He had called me, raging about Matthew's surprise appearance. I suppose Roger told him after I mentioned it to him.

"It's bullshit," Rufus tells me. "I would get a restraining order, Aria," 

"Can I even do that if I don't have proof of him being...creepy?"

My car arrives to the set, where we are filming the making of the song Bohemian Rhapsody. I've been dying to do this scene for a while now and I'm excited it is finally here. 

"He's making you uncomfortable. And he practically stalked you," Rufus tells me.

I thank my driver and get out of the car. We're in this house in the middle of nowhere that we transformed into the studio Queen had stayed at during their A Night at the Opera recording. I'll admit I'm impressed with how it came out. I love being involved, and in charge of everything. 

"I guess," I tell Rufus, walking around and getting mud on my shoes.

"Either you get a restraining order or I will fucking knock the life out of him," he tells me, his voice tense.

"He has information on me I don't want out that he wants to sell to the press," I hiss.

Matthew knows a lot about my family and about some legal issues I've had to go through with the house and a couple of other things. It's not the world's business to know so I keep it private. 

"He can't sell the information if you come out about it first," Rufus points out.

I groan, and make my way into the building. Everyone is here already in costume or setting up. I'm not late, but I feel it by the eyes that fall on me. 

"Not an option," I tell him. "Listen I need to go. I just got on set,"

Bri smiles at me as I sit in my directors chair. 

"Okay, call me soon," Rufus tells me. "Oh and I forgot to tell you! Jimmy is in for the band. I just need to get ahold of Luke. He hasn't answered any of my messages,"

"What did you message him on?"

Rufus clears his throat. "Instagram,"

I roll my eyes. "No wonder he didn't answer. Don't you have his phone number?"

We used to hang out with Luke when we were younger but as Deaky lost contact, the rest of us did as well. 

"If I had his phone number I would have texted him..." Rufus says.

"Okay, Let me call him later today," I say. "I do really need to go but let's make plans with Jimmy to hang out soon,"

We exchange goodbyes and I make a mental note to call Luke after filming. 

"Rufus?" Brian asks. He smiles.

I rub my face with my hands, feeling grateful I forwent makeup today. I just couldn't put it on. 

I nod. "Yeah, we're planning to hang out,"

"With Jimmy I heard? That'll be nice. Have any plans?"

Rufus and I decided to keep our band on the down low for now. We want to make it a surprise for Brian and Roger. Hopefully they'll enjoy it, but personally I think it's a good surprise. 

"We're just planning to catch up, you know," I tell Brian, trying to be vague. I know he's smarter than me though so he can probably see through it. But he doesn't ask any more questions. 

I stand up, walking on to the actual set where the actors and crew are milling about. Ben opens his arms out to me, which I walk in to and wrap my arms around his neck.