46

Double update for you guys!!!

...

New Year's Eve Part 2

Aria

I have a couple of drinks before the room gathers by the huge flatscreen television on the wall. We would look outside but we don't have a great view of the ball dropping.

I'm relieved when I see Martin come in. I called him a couple of minutes ago and told him to come up for the new year at least. He agreed but only for a couple of minutes. I wave him over and he comes to stand near Ben and I.

"Thanks for inviting me!" he shouts over the mass of people.

"Of course!" I yell back.

The countdown begins. I find myself thanking the year for all it had to offer. It brought me the best friends I could ever ask for, a reunion with my old friends, a new band, a fantastic movie, and the love of my life.

I'm lost in thought when the chanting begins.

"10..9..8..7..6," the room chants as the time runs out. "5..4..3..2..1!"

The room erupts into cheers, as does the outside. It's crazy how loud it is both inside and out. My thoughts of the noise, however, by Ben turning me to face him, his hands placed gingerly on my waist.

He leans down to kiss me, and I kiss him passionately back, entangling my fingers in his hair. His lips are warm and familiar and I fall more in love with him every time we touch.

"I love you," he tells me, resting his forehead against mine. The perfect words to start off the year.

"I love you too," I tell him, looking into his green eyes.

We pull apart to wish a happy new year to everyone else. I wind up hugging so many people I lose count of every one.

Glasses of champagne are handed out within minutes, not even and the room goes silent, minus of course the cheering coming from outside.

"I want to start," Allen says. I notice his hands are empty. Someone must have taken his glass.

I pull my phone out of my pants pocket to record this. Allen didn't ask me to, but he might appreciate it. 

"I want to say that you all are the most wonderful family I've ever been welcomed into. I love working with you all and I'm so glad to call you my friends," Allen continues. "Jessica," he addresses his girlfriend. He grabs both her hands, someone having taken her glass as well. "You're my best friend, my love, my confidant. I love you so much, more than you know. Everything you do for me, whether it be supporting me in my decisions or putting up with my yelling during a football game. I want to spend the rest of my life with you," 

Allen drops down to one knee, pulling out a small black box from his pocket. My breathe hitches. I can hear everyone else's do the same. Jessica looks like she's going to freak out. Her hands cover her mouth in shock.

"Will you marry me?" Allen asks.

Jessica nods and we all cheer. What a great way to start off the new year. And I got that all on tape. I'm so proud. No wonder why the boys wanted to throw a big party. Witnessing that made me so happy and filled with excitement and joy. I'm overjoyed. 

"I'm so happy for them," Joe says, wiping a tear away.

"It's so beautiful," Lucy comments. 

Rami moves to stand in front of the crowd after a couple more moments, when he time is appropriate. We all silence ourselves again to listen to what he has to say. 

"Congrats, Allen," he says with a big smile. "I can't top that," he laughs, looking down at his feet briefly. "But I do want to say a couple of things. First off, thank you to everyone here. I've met an amazing family. Every single one of you has touched my heart. 

"I want to thank Ben, Gwil, Joe and Allen for being there during everything. You guys are amazing and some of my best friends, you damn fools. 

"Lucy, you are my love and my rock. Thank you for being there for me. I couldn't ask for anyone better.

"And finally, I want to say thank you to Aria. You mean so much to me, and I would consider you my sister. We clicked the minute we met and you've helped me find my inner Freddie. You dedicated so much time to help me with this role, but you might not realize that you helped me so much with my confidence as well. 

"I want to dedicate this toast to Freddie for bringing these wonderful people into my life," Rami says, his speech making me emotional. "Whether it be casting, or touring with Queen," he looks at Adam Lambert. "or bringing people together," he looks at Allen and Jessica then at Ben and I. "There's a little Freddie in all of us. I wish he was here physically, but we know he's here in our hearts,"

"Sing your heart out," I add in to end the toast. Tear well up in my eyes but I refuse to let them spill over. "It doesn't matter if you are an amazing singer or can't sing on key for your life. Sing all the songs like Freddie would have wanted. Sing with your entire heart,"

And with that we take a sip of our drinks. To my father, I think.

To Freddie fucking Mercury.