chapter eight

Pleasantly surprised were not words in Elouise's vocabulary. Purely because she never had been. But when she saw Luke with his crisp blue shirt buttoned and a pair of unripped skinny jeans sauntering towards the car, she was honestly shocked. As he got closer she noticed the lack of the absurd piercing and his normal hairstyle he sported was flat. He looked...good.

"Lucas." She greeted with a small smile.

"Elouise, did you just smile at me?" Luke teased, sliding into the seat. A smirk was placed on his lips.

"No. Honestly Lucas, learn the difference between a grimace and a smile." Shit. If this is how he was being now, surely the night would be like normal. It couldn't be that bad, right.

*

It had been a long hour. Elouise had her arm looped through Luke's, who was. smiling and talking among people, but all she could think about was Luke's out of character perfect behavior. Not one snide comment came out of his mouth all night and it was a pleasant change. He answered questions maturely, speaking with amazing rhetoric. Even when someone asked about the band, he was calm and polite. It bothered Elouise after the second or third hour. It felt almost wrong to not be barking at him like she had been only a few days ago. Something was wrong, and she intended to find out.

"Lucas, may we have a moment?" She asked, the sticky, sweet, venom dripping from her words.

"Um. Alright." Luke mumbled, scratching his neck awkwardly. Elouise dragged him by his wrist to the corner of the room. She gave him a once over before crossing her arms.

"Well?" She asked, tapping her foot.

"Well what?" He asked, confused as hell.

"What's up with you?! Who are you and what have you done with the pain up my ass Lucas?" Elouise said, much louder than intended.

"Princess, chill out. I'm still Luke. You're acting like I suddenly changed faces. " Luke chuckled. He knew the plan was working. At this rate he'd have her wrapped around his finger in a matter of weeks. Bless her little ice cold heart, she looked so taken aback at his words.

"I don't like this." Was all she said before taking off with Luke in tow.

Sure, Elouise was overjoyed at his behavior and willingness to listen to her. But she also, deep, deep down liked bickering with him. As the event went on, Elouise pushed out the thoughts of Luke finally abiding by her and attempted to bring back the professional demeanor she wore.

*

"That was...nice Lucas." Elouise stated as they pulled up to the complex. Luke suppressed the smirk finding its way to his lips and nodded.

"Indeed it was Princess." Luke said, opening the door and walking to the stairs.

As soon as he opened the door to the apartment, four bodies tumbled to the floor. Jane stood first, reaching down for Ashton. Luke just stared down at them for a few beats before shaking his head and stepping over (okay, maybe onto a certain someone.) (It was Calum.) and into his bedroom. He stripped out of the dress shirt and jeans, pulling a tshirt over his head tying off a pair of sweatpants. The lip ring went back in and a beanie covered his hair. He felt normal.

"How'd it go?" Michael asked with his ever present smirk.

"She said it was nice. So I'm going to assume it was nice." Luke shrugged. Somewhere in the back if his mind he knew he enjoyed his seemingly normal day with Elouise. But he pushed that way back.

"At least she's not belittling you like usual." Mike shrugged and turned on his heel to the living room.

"Mates, plan Cut A Bitch; Step One, is complete!" Luke joked, pumping his fists.

*

lets not talk about how short and bad this is. or school. or my job.

we can talk about my new calum fic that will be posted tomorrow (wednesday, 29th)!!! so please please please go check that out!!

love u all, annie xx