chapter eleven

It had been a week since that awkward, and frankly, odd, texting conversation between Luke and Elouise and there hadn't been a word of communication since. On one hand, Luke loved it. No bitchy comments, no having to go to stupid events. On the other, well, it sucked. He kinda came to enjoy that overbearingness that he never had. Things just sort of felt, bland.

So it came as a relief when Michael organized a night out at the bar, where Luke could finally put his new age to good use and drink in public. They were all going to meet at Luke's apartment (it was closest to the bar they were going to) and head there. When everyone was assembled, Luke looked at them blankly.

"Why are you just sitting there? I thought we were leaving." 

"We are leaving. We just have to wait for Elouise to get here." Jane said with a bored look on her face.

"What? Why is she coming? The only reason I came is 1. To drink and 2. To get my mind off of feeling like an awkward fuck because of Elouise, via drinking. Plus, how did you even invite her? Last time I checked, you two weren't all buddy buddy." Luke spat. A look of guilt crossed Jane's face. 

Luke gave her a horrified look. "Are you kidding? What the hell? Who is even in this plan anymore?" 

"Look Luke, I just felt bad for giving her a hard time about caring about your favorite ice cream. It was sort of adorable of her, if you think about it. Plus she was probably getting territorial that night because if she thought I slept with Calum, what's to stop me from sleeping with...you?" Jane wrinkled her nose at the thought. 

"Girls are fucking weird. There's no reason to be territorial, she hated me at the time." 

"Well, I'm not in." Ashton began. "Any friend of Jane's is a friend of mine. Plus, she's not half bad under that evil bitch exterior." Luke rolled his eyes. 

"So it's only Michael now. Since Calum decided to be holier than thou." Luke said, shifting his eyes toward Michael to get a nod in conformation, instead he found yet another guilty face.

"I don't feel like butting into anyone's personal life anymore." He said. Luke groaned. Of course they would go and be high and mighty. Leave it to them. As soon as the conversation was done, the click of heels sounded out. 

"What have I told you about leaving the door unlocked? Sorry I'm late, daddy needed me to sort through some papers. I didn't miss anything, did I?" 

Everyone looked alarmed until Calum gave her a smile and shook his head. "Nothing at all. Glad you came." 

*

"So, El, ever had a drink? You don't strike me as the type considering your grandma skirts." Michael asked as the group walked towards the bar. Luke sat down, leaving an empty seat for El to sit, as he waited to hear her reaction. To be honest, he didn't think she drank either. 

"I'm going to disregard that rude comment. But no. I've had no need to drink." She said, sitting in the empty spot. 

Luke didn't really know what came over him. But he really just had to get her  to let loose a little bit. "C'mon Elouise. Don't be a pussy. Have a few." 

"Don't say that word, Luke. It's vulgar. But fine, if you all insist."

*

Three drinks later, the whole group found out that Elouise was the biggest lightweight they'd ever known. She was plastered. Like totally and completely drunk. Not only that, but she was hanging off of Luke's arm like a toddler. 

"Lukey." Hiccup. "Has anyone ever told you." Hiccup, and an especially slurred sentence. "That your eyes are like the ocean?" Hiccup and hysterical laughter. 

"Not recently, no." He told her. amused. Calum was videoing the whole thing, which makes this all even better.

"Also your hair does things to me." She said, running her fingers through his hair. He cleared his throat, feeling extremely awkward. 

"C'mon Princess, you need water." He said, getting up and grabbing her arm.

"You know what I need, Lukey and it's not water." Elouise replied pulling him close. Jesus Christ. This was not happening. 

"You're drunk." He said shaking her off.

"Drunk words are sober thoughts!" Ashton interjected. Elouise turned around to face Ashton, and sloppily gave him a salute. Elouise grabbed Luke's hand, pulled it up near her face and inspected it.

"You know what they say about big hands and feet, right?" She said, in an attempt to be sultry and seductive, and ended up sounding more like someone at their middle school dance. Calum burst into laughter, spitting out his drinking all over the table. Luke shot him a pleading look and Calum just shrugged.

"Whoopsy daisy Calum, you got the table all wet! Just like my panties when I see our Luke over here." She said poking Luke's arm. Another round of laughter rung out from his friends despite them offering no assistance to control Elouise. Luke had, had enough.

"Fuck you guys. Seriously. I'm going to bring her back to my flat, she needs to sleep it off. Because this" he said, motioning to El trying to twerk on Michael ("It's good practice") "Is not okay." 

Grabbing a dancing Elouise by the arm, he dragged her out to the car.

*

The first five minutes of the car ride were pretty normal (even a drunk Elouise is still Elouise). Until Luke made some point about Tony Abott being a dickwad and things shift. Elouise got that look in her eye again, and Luke prayed to the heavens that she wouldn't try anything on him while he was driving. 

"Can I suck your d^ck?" She asked bluntly. Oh God. This was not happening. Elouise Parr was not asking to suck him off. 

"Uh no."

"Why not?" She whined.

"You're drunk. That'd be taking advantage of you."

"Maybe I want to be taken advantage of." She said raising an eyebrow.

"No you don't. Besides, I'm driving, it's not safe." He said, making an excuse. If he was being honest, he wouldn't half mind. But that pesky Cut a Bitch plan wasn't at the right phase for this. Plus he'd feel sort of bad. 

"Okay, how about when we get back to your flat?" Jesus. Elouise was a ho*ny drunk. She was acting thirsty as hell. 

"No." He said,exasperated.

"Is it because I'm not pretty?" She said, looking like she was going to cry. Luke was totally out of his depth. Crying girls was not his forte.

"Jesus. No." He responded not knowing what else to say.

"I don't believe you." She sniffled. 

"Seriously shut up. You're drunk and I respect you more than that. You're gorgeous and you know it because everyone fuckin' tells you." snapped Luke.

"You don't." She said. That was the last thing she said before she passed out. Maybe that's why Luke felt so bad about it.

*

LOLOL DRUNK EL IS SOBER ME. 

BUT HOW DID U LIKE IT

-calie