chapter twelve

Luke carried (okay, more like dragged) Elouise to the elevator and into his flat. He had her slung over his shoulder like a fireman and was looking desperately for a place to lay her, because being upside down would surely make her puke. It was the couch or his bed, and he knew how wrong it would be to leave her on the couch. So he took her limp body to his bed and dropped her carefully.

"Oh god. What am I going to do with you?" He sighed, running his fingers through his hair and tugging.

Elouise grunted slightly, rolling on her back all the way. Luke paced for a moment while he decided if removing the clothes she was wearing was a good idea, knowing how she'd react when she woke up. He gave in anyway, moving to pull her heels off. The skirt she was wearing posed an issue, as well as her blouse. So he did the only logical thing he could think of. Called his mum.

"Hi, um, mum?" He mumbled, clearly embarrassed.

"Luke, honestly. What could you possibly want this late at night?" Liz really didn't like being woken up.

"Elouiseisdrunkandshesinmybedandidontknowifishouldchangeher." Luke spoke quickly, then squeezed his eyes shut.

"Is she wearing a button up shirt?" Liz sighed.

"Uh, yeah?"

"Good. Grab a t shirt and put it on her and then unbutton it. Go quickly in case she wakes up and after the shirts on, take off her skirt. Be quick and no peeking." Liz spoke firmly. "Goodnight Luke, good luck." Sounding less like a mom and more like one of those people who gave missions to spies.

So Luke did what his mother said, keeping his eyes on her red cheeks because he's a respectable young man.  (Sigh, no he isn't.) Elouise was completely gone and that didn't help the situation, so Luke got her dressed in a cutoff and a pair of sweatpants with much struggle. He covered her with his sheets and left the door to the bathroom open with the light on and an extra tooth brush he found on the counter. After dragging the comforter off his bed and leaving the sheet and extra blanket for Elouise, he trudged to the living room and yanked off his shirt and kicked his shoes towards the wall. With a groan he flopped on his back and cocooned into the comforter.

Her words from the car rung through his mind like a brass bell. Sure, El was plastered and had no idea what she was saying but don't they call alcohol truth serum? Did she really crave his affection and compliments? If so, she had a twisted way of showing it. Luke really wanted to be attracted to her, but she was so strong in her opinions and had no problem with speaking her mind. He was quiet and goofy. It seemed as if them being soulmates was a joke.

But he remembered how he felt when the world around him settled in color upon seeing her. He was elated, finally knowing how Ashton felt when he screwed up that show for Jane. He could understand why people wrote love songs because it was so great to finally know you have someone there meant just for you. But as soon as she opened her mouth reality came crashing down, trapping him. And Luke decided she sucked.

After what she said though, about him not telling her she was gorgeous, Luke knew he screwed up. It didn't matter if she was a straight up bitch. Who cares if he had to change who he was while he was around her? Luke felt as if he needed to show her he appreciated her in more ways than telling her she's beautiful. Fuck plan Cut A Bitch.

Luke had a new plan. He needed to fall in love with her. Head over heels, heart eyes emoji love.

*

so it's short and over due and kinda sucky but idk I like it so :P.

IM REALLY EXCITED TO ACTUALLY HAVE LUKE/ELOUISE MOMENTS ((someone please make a ship name for them))

also I'm making a playlist for gray area