chapter fourteen

Face down on the couch cushion seemed as good a place as any for Luke. If there was an award for most awkward morning, he would've won it hands down. He was such an idiot bringing Elouise here last night. It was just closer for him to bring her here instead of leaving her presumably alone in her home. It's not like he would've been able to find her room if he even brought her there. But instead, he embarrassed himself in front of her and his friends. He would've preferred Michael or Calum there. Only because they couldn't see how red his cheeks had gotten. 

"I think this a good look for you Lukey." Calum laughed upon walking in the door.  Whatever Luke said next was muffled. "Heard about what happened this morning." He said, sitting on the armrest. 

"Great." Luke deadpanned, looking up at Calum with narrowed eyes. 

"'M not here to make fun of you. I wanted to talk to you." Cal sighed. 

"Then please, enlighten me." Luke rolled on his back, looking at Calum with a placid face. 

"I think its cool you're finally giving up on that fucked up plan." Luke groaned again. 

"Got a new one." He huffed. Calum quirked a brow and looked at his friend. 

"And?" He inquired. 

"Gonna try and fall in love." A blush covered Luke's pale skin, from his neck all the way to his cheeks.  He heard Calum snicker for a moment, but then shut up quickly. 

"You're really serious about this aren't you?" He sighed, moving Luke's head momentarily to sit on the couch. 

Luke felt embarrassed for even suggesting it as a plan. But it's was almost as if he something snapped in him when he heard Elouise's drunken admission. He wasn't nice to her at all. When they met and she bitched at him, he didn't give her a chance. Not to mention how controlling she is. After hearing her straight up tell him that he never told her he though she was gorgeous broke the ice around his heart. Luke felt like utter shit. 

"She told me I never complimented her. And she was right." 

"You hate her." Cal pointed out. 

"No, I think I hated who I thought she was." 

"That's deep, mate. Y'know? Michael and I would kill to be in yours or Ashton's position. Finally watching the world fade into color and meeting that one." He murmured. Luke looked up at him and cracked a smile. 

"Who knew you were such a romantic." Luke giggled. 

"Shut up and cuddle me you little shit."

* 

At precisely 8:37 p.m. there was a knock on the door. Calum sat upside down on the couch, focusing intently on The Avengers. Luke considered it maybe being the pizza they called for at least fifteen minutes ago. As he stood he pulled his wallet from his pocket and opened the door, already counting bills. 

"How much do I - oh. Hi." He was positive his cheeks were bright red at the fact he answered the door without his shirt on ( A/N SHIRTLESS LUKE CAN I GET A HELL YEAH). 

"I have your clothes." Elouise breathed. So maybe she drove herself here, and ran all the way up the stairs even though there's a perfectly good elevator in the lobby. And maybe, just maybe she was wearing a jumper that was far too big and her hair in a pony tail, possibly a pair of shorts that barely peaked out of the bottom. Maybe. 

"You didn't have to...um. You could've just kept them." Luke stuttered. He wasn't even trying to hide the fact he was looking her over. Not like she wasn't either. 

"Did I interrupt something?" Elouise asked, peering over his shoulder to try and see into the flat. 

"Oh. Uh, no. Calum and I were watching a movie." He shrugged. "Did you want to come in or something?" He stepped back and opened the door a little wider. 

"I have a meeting in the morning. More publicity stuff with daddy. But, here you go. I'll call you...I guess." Elouise flushed and looked at her flip flops. 

"Yeah. Yeah. I'll see you later then." Elouise handed him a paper bag and nodded. She backed up a few steps and waved slightly, turning down on her heel to leave. Luke leaned out the door, watching her walk. 

"Hey El?" Her ears perked at the simple nickname. "Thanks." Luke flashed his million dollar grin, making Elouise's heart flutter the whole way to her car. 

The whole drive home Elouise listened to trashy pop music on the radio and tapped her thumbs on the steering wheel. Luke got teased by Calum about how he went completely heart eyes over her in that outfit. And it didn't go unnoticed by Luke at the fact that she was wearing the cutoff he gave her to sleep in underneath her gray jumper. He kept it to himself though, knowing she would deny that she even wore it while she was drunk. But in reality, she wore it to sleep that night. 

DAMN IM BLUSHIN 

so if you have any suggestions on what songs you think of for this story, please tell me! 

and follow me on tumblr and twitter and tell me about your days plEASE 

tumblr ; candyflossxash 

Twitter ; @deannakbar (this is liable to change)