Captured by Temptation

The night had turned to day. With the emotions gone by and the words still fresh in his mind, Abraham got up from where he had sat the night before. His muscles ached as he stretched his arms and legs, the bones popping loudly under his skin.

Casually turning from side to side, he had been surprised that soldiers had not found him yet. He had felt a presence, but their scent had given them away as being Narkiv and Akivari. Only when they were gone was he able to fall asleep. But the sleep only brought memories of what he used to be, and his dreams had quickly turned to uncontrollable nightmares.

He slowly walked back away from the cliff. One lumbering step at a time, his feet digging into the thick layer of snow that covered the ground. Sniffing the air for a threat that might be looming behind him.

But the wind was not on his favor that morning. The scent of the city never reached his nose. Stopping, Abraham looked around trying to identify something that might lead him back to his home. Back to Akivari.

Following instinct, he rounded a tree  and began to head west when an all too familiar smell hit his nose. The slight metalic smell of fresh blood pounding against his senses. The rumbling in his stomach confirmed his suspicions, the hunger was increasing.

The wolf was getting anxious.

Walking with new found energy, Abraham followed his nose until he saw a large amount of freshly skinned meat resting gently against a tree.

Suspicious, Abraham began to walk around the area; trying to find anything that could put him in danger. Ten minutes passed as the hunger increased within him. The need to feed became overwhelming.

Walking slowly up to the stack of meat, he took one last look around before sitting down next to it and began to munch at it, his eyes slowly scanning the surrounding pines.

But he did not feel right. His muscles began to contract and relax without control. His vision began to turn green. That was when he smelled it, the poison coursing through his veins. Dropping limp on the ground, he heard footsteps approaching closer and closer to him.

And as the metal net was cast over his body, his soul was trapped by the poison that had taken over his feelings.

And just before it all went dark, just before he was dragged aboard the V-22 Osprey that now hovered above him, Abraham remembered a lesson that Firefang had taught him.

Temptation can be both a wolves' best friend and biggest enemy.

Metal screeching metal, consciousness began to rain down on him. His eyes opened to find himself inside the vehicle, his hands and feet bound by large, titanium cuffs.

He knew that he was not alone.

Using the best accent he could muster, Abraham spoke up from the silence.

"Do you believe that taking me was a good idea?" he asked, hoping to get an answer from a human.

"The freak talks!" said a soldier from behind him.

"And the freak kills," replied Abraham coldly.

Silence settled down once more inside the vehicle. Ten soldiers watched Abraham, their eyes quickly averting to another place when they met his. 

"The bite hurts more than the bark," he told a soldier who stared into his eyes. Immediately, his eyes averted somewhere else. "Typical human. Scared of a little wolf," thought Abraham smiling.

Hours passed as he meditated where he sat. Every once in a while a soldier would think it was funny to try and prick his ear or touch his tail. But their attempts at beating boredom quickly vanished when one soldier got too close to Abraham.

"My hands and feet might be tied," said Abraham out loud after the soldier nearly lost his hand, "but my teeth can still cause damage."

Soon, after about an hour, most of the soldiers had fallen asleep. All except one, who silently approached and sat in front of Abraham. Their eyes met, but did not avert as the soldier silently admired at the wolf before him.

"Curious how you show less fear than the others," said Abraham at the soldier.

"Stupidity more like it," replied the soldier coolly.

"Yet you stay your ground. Why do you admire me?"

"W-What? I don't admire you," lied the soldier.

"Don't lie to me. I know you have never seen anything like me before."

There was a silence as the soldier leaned forward, carefully watching every feature of Abraham's face.

"What is your name?" asked the soldier.

"Abraham."

"Abraham what?"

"Just Abraham."

"And how old are you?"

Abraham narrowed his eyes as he looked at the soldier.

"Too many questions," he replied blankly.

The soldier pulled out his right hand and said, "My name is John Stefan."

Abraham looked at the hand before looking down at his own, bound and tied by the cold metal.

"Oh... right," said John as he saw what Abraham was looking at.

There was another silence before John looked back up at Abraham. "Hey... um... can I touch your fur?"

Abraham looked at John shocked. "You can't be serious."

"Just one touch."

Abraham sighed before pulling out his arm. "Make it quick, kid."

John hesitantly brought up one hand and gently touched the fur on Abraham's arm. Immediately he was bewildered by the feel, soft yet rough. Smiling, he brought back his hand before getting up from where he sat and walking back to his seat.

Abraham closed his eyes as the V-22 Osprey shuddered because of air turbulence.

"You are mine," thought Abraham as the Osprey shuddered once more.

"Temptation can be a wolve's best friend."