Chapter Fifteen- [Caught Slipping]

C A L I

I glanced down at the purple roses I had sitting in my lap before sighing and getting out of the car as I walked towards Rome's house. She was the only one I could go to, I hadn't even told Calvin what I did I'm so ashamed.

In all honest I was expecting her to say something slick back the night I sent that text so I know it didn't hurt her but when she didn't I knew must of hurt her feelings. It'd been three days and it was eating me alive and I hadn't see her around anywhere.

Rome was sitting on her porch painting her nails with some white boy and I rolled my eyes at the look she was giving me as the dude she was with stood up like he was about to do something.

"Nigga sit the fuck down these ain't for her" I snapped inpatient and annoyed. Rome blew on her nails and looked at me as if I was a pest or some shit.

"Really? What the fuck do you want and why are you holding out roses?" She asked and I scrunched my face up.

"Have you seen Alijah?" I asked and she looked at me curiously for a second before shaking her head no.

"I haven't seen her since she left in tears three days ago, she hasn't even texted me back and that's unlike her. She won't even tell Zaire whats wrong and Alijah never cries" Rome said and I nodded as I bit my bottom lip and turned and walked back to the car sitting the roses in the passenger seat.

There was only one thing to do and it was a life or death situation but I didn't care anymore I was gonna apologize to her face to face, I had to know if I was the reason she was upset and at least attempt to make it right.

I imagined how I'd feel if I had a daughter and how I'd feel if someone said something as hurtful as I did to her, my mom raised me better than that and I'd hate for her to go around hating me.

Remembering where I dropped Alijah off on our date night I came to this big ass house in this rich neighbor and saw three nice ass cars parked in the driveway.

Taking my time I slowly walked up the steps and rang the door bell as I looked down at my casual outfit feeling like a bum as I held the roses behind my back.

I was a little intimidated when Silas opened the door. I'd heard stories about him this nigga was a legend one of the youngest kingpins when he was sixteen ever and was handling business like a grown ass man, I use to hear stories in school and shit and was amazed.

"Who are you?" He asked eyeing me and I thought about what to say, because Alijah and I weren't anything.

"I'm a friend and I was concerned about her that's all" I told him and he eyed me again before closing the door leaving it cracked and walking away.

I stood there looking at my surroundings and whistling to myself waiting for what seemed like forever when the door finally cracked open a little more and she stood there looking at me somewhat frightened as half of her body hid behind the door.

"Hey I brought you purple roses to apologize" I smiled holding them out but she didn't take them so I bit my lip as she shifted uncomfortably not saying anything.

"Look I know what I said was wrong and I didn't mean any of it, it was just out of anger and it wasn't called for at all. We've known each other for a couple months now and I care a lot about you even I thought I loved you and sleeping with you never crossed my mind I was still bitter about the whole Marco situation but even still I should've acted more mature considering I'm older, so from the bottom of my heart I'm so sorry" I told her honestly looking into her eyes as they looked teary and she nodded and accepted the flowers.

"We can start over if you want and be friends, I still have feelings for you" I said once I realized she wasn't going to say anything.

"It's fine I won't bother you anymore" she said in a little above a whisper before a tear fell and she quickly closed the front door hitting the locks.