Ten

They didn't know how long they walked shouting out their friends' names but there was no reply.  The day started getting darker and soon enough, thirst and hunger began to set in.

Jimin sank onto the sands in despair, burying his feet inside.

"Great, how are we going to get out of here?" He murmured. "We have been searching for the others for so long and we haven't found them. To add to it all, I'm hungry and dying of thirst"

Taehyung stood looking thoughtful. He seemed to have decided because he cleared his throat and clapped his hands twice.

"Wait here, I'll see if I can find something for us to eat"

Jimin stared at him. "What? Where are you going to find food on this empty island"

Taehyung grinned and pointed to the bushes behind them and Jimin shook his head.

"You're going there?"

Taehyung shrugged "I don't think we have that much of a choice"

The older pouted. "But it looks dangerous..."

Before he could blink, Taehyung was in front of his face. They were so close, that they could feel each other's breath on their lips.

"Aww, it looks like someone is worried about me" he whispered.

Jimin blushed but he didn't let the moment last and pushed him away.

"I thought I told you to stay away from me. I don't want a repeat of that night" He said in a tight voice.

"But I do" Taehyung whispered and Jimin felt his whole body tingling.

"Every second, every minute, I think only of you" He frowned a little. "But since you say I shouldn't touch you, I will try and keep my hands to myself"

Jimin tried to look tough. "I would appreciate that"

Taehyung just smirked. "okay fine but wait here for me Love"

"Love?" the other snapped and Taehyung answered with a soft grin.

Jimin couldn't help himself. "Are you sure you can do this?"

Taehyung scoffed. "Unlike you, I have experienced quite a lot of things, I think I can handle it"

He stopped and added. "Unless you'd like to come with me"

He was getting dangerously close so Jimin moved away from him.

"I think I'll pass," He said sassily hoping he sounded nonchalant "Just don't get lost"

"Alright love"

Jimin tightened his fist. "Don't call me that"

"I'm sorry Jimin, I can't do that. I can't help myself"

Jimin rolled his eyes "I don't know what has gotten into you but whatever it is, you need to snap out of it so we can continue living our normal lives. Stop turning things upside down"

He frowned and Taehyung couldn't help but smile. How could he still look so good amid all this devastation? He was so small and adorable that Taehyung felt like hugging him tightly but he held himself back. He didn't want to push Jimin further away.

"I'll be going then" He simply said.

"Oh, alright" Jimin muttered and Taehyung reluctantly left. He didn't want to leave Jimin alone but he wanted to take care of him. That alone kept him going.

As he entered deep into the bushes, he wondered if they were ever going to be able to get back home. What if his friends had drowned? He didn't even want to think about it but there was a huge possibility. He might have to prepare for the worst.