Fifty six

Jungkook looked around the city wearing a wide smile on his face. The night was still young and he was going to have a little fun, unwind a little bit after causing love to happen all over the place but the smile disappeared from his face when he felt a hand tug roughly at his arm. He took a deep breath before turning his face to look at Mark.

"What?"

"We have to go back home" Mark said.

Jungkook shrugged. "You are free!" he said non chalantly.

Mark heaved in frustration "Why are you always like this? So careless about everything. Do you realize the problem you caused today? You made a woman fall in love with her brother in law"

Jungkook shrugged again. "So? He was better for her. Besides, her husband was a total jerk"

Mark sighed "But it wasn't part of the protocol"

Jungkook shook his head standing arms akimbo. "Why must you always follow protocol? It's boring and slow. I make things faster"

Mark frowned "Yeah, by pairing up unlikely people...Besides, protocol stops us from making mistakes. We should take our jobs seriously because it's important. You can't just do anything you want"

He shook his head tiredly "You know what, I can't do this with you anymore. Come back or not. It's up to you but know this one day, you are going to get your reward"

Jungkook rolled his eyes "Yeah, whatever. Bye Bye!"

Mark hissed "You are so annoying..." he whispered.

Jungkook grinned. "Still, you love me"

Mark blushed "Shut up" he said frowning again before disappearing.

Jungkook put his hands into his pocket. The night was really cold and quite windy. He spotted a small bar just at the corner of the street and walked towards it but as soon as he stepped his feet inside, he could feel a strange sensation all over his body. Just as he can sense love, he could also sense pain, sadness, longing and all of these hit him like a bolt of thunder. He shook his head. The bar isn't a place to be. Too many emotions. Worse is the hospital. He turned to go when his eyes caught a lonely figure sitting on a chair. He looked closely and saw it was a woman. Beautiful, sophisticated and very young. It seemed out of place for a woman like her to sit at a semi crowded bar drinking from a big glass of whisky with a distraught look on her face. She looked like someone ready to take her own life after she was done here. Something at the back of his mind screamed for him to just mind his business but as usual, he followed the opposite, his heart and found himself walking towards the woman.

As he sat on the chair opposite hers, the smell of her pain grew stronger. He noticed she was gazing at some pictures as she gulped down her alcohol. She hadn't even noticed his presence so he cleared his throat to gain her attention. She slowly looked up at him, her eyes red and puffy.

"I couldn't help but notice a pretty woman like yourself sitting alone at a bar..."

"Fuck off!" she barked harshly. "If you are trying to flirt with me just back up right now because I'm not in a good mood"

Jungkook slightly nodded his head and picked up one of the pictures. The woman glared at him.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" she whispered in a frail voice.

Jungkook didn't listen to her. He just looked at the image of two handsome men holding hands as they where walking down the street. He turned to the other.

"Is this the source of your pain?"

She didn't answer.

Jungkook sighed. "Please tell me..."