Fifty five

He had been living with Kim Taejun for a few days now and he noticed one thing. He was always very busy. He would leave the house early in the morning and come back quite late at night long after he had fallen asleep. It made getting close to him quite difficult not to mention Nara's open hostility towards him. All he needed was one chance. Just one to get closer to him and it finally happened one night.

Hye sun was fast asleep when sudden raucus from downstairs woke him up. He opened his eyes weakly as it adjusted to the light from bed side lamp beside him. The noise got louder and made him uncomfortable and for a while, he was filled with fear but he summoned courage and went downstairs only to find Taejun scrambling around blindly inside the kitchen. There was blood flowing down his fore head and staining his clothes. Without another thought, Hye sun ran to Taejun and held him by the arm. He groaned in pain.

"What happened?" he cried searching his agonized face but Taejun just mumbled some incoherent words as Hye sun sat him down on the kitchen table and began to search for something, anything to treat his wound.

"Check the top drawer" Taejun murmured pointing at the supposed drawer. Hye sun did at he said and pulled out a wooden box. When he opened it, it was filled with all sorts of first aid tools. He wasted no time and pulled out a cotton wool which he used to wipe the blood pouring down his head.

"Tell me Taejun, what happened. It's in the middle of the night and you are looking like this" he questioned.

Taejun frowned "It's nothing..."

Hye sun was quiet for a while making the situation quite awkward as both their faces where much too close.

"I know what's going on" Hye sun started "why you keep late nights and why you look like this but it doesn't have to be this way. You have potential Taejun"

Taejun shoved his hand away. "What do you know about my life?" he said grumpily.

Hye sun shrugged wearing a thin smile on his face. "Nothing much Taejun apart from what you told me but I'm worried about you. I don't want to see you get hurt"

He meant it but it was also another avenue for him to get closer to him. Taejun gazed at him for a moment before biting his lip.

"I got into a fight with one of my clients" he suddenly blurted out and Hye sun hid a smile.

"He refused to pay my money. He has been owing me for months now"

"Did you still get the money?"

Taejun pouted. "No!"

Hye sun sighed. "That's sad but I'll help you with money if that's what you need"

The other's eyes widened. He looked totally shocked. "What? No, there's no need for that. I have some saved up"

Hye sun partly thought about Taejun saving money. He really wasn't a rascal after all.

"it's nothing Taejun but only on one condition..."

Taejun stared at him before he continued. "That you will stop whatever nasty business you are involved in"

Taejun said nothing looking down at his feet.
"You don't understand. I can't stop"

"I can help you Taejun but you have to let me in" Hye sun whispered.

Taejun barely nodded.

"Do you promise me?"

Silence.

"I don't know..."

"Taejun...."

"Alright...alright I promise" he answered rather non-commitantly.