25

I wake up, feeling better. I take some clothes and go to the bathroom. I take a long, hot shower. I change to clean clothes. I put black biker shorts and an old band t-shirt. I let my wet hair down, so it will dry. I open the door and walk down the hallways and the stairs. As I walk down I smell food. A well-cooked food. The smell was amazing. I walk faster and get in the kitchen. 

" Good morning, sweetheart "

She says with a huge smile and looked at me. Ellen was in the kitchen cooking. 

" Good morning "

I say and walk in the kitchen. 

" What are you doing? "

I asked amazed at the smell and what she was doing. My hands touch the counter.

" I'm cooking, we all gonna have lunch together because today im leaving "

" Really?"

I say and I look down. I don't want her to leave. I love her company. She is amazing.

" Yes "

She says and stops mashing up the potatoes. Looks at me.

" I wish you can stay more "

I say. She smiles.

" I do too but remember you can always come to visit me. "

I smile back to her. Of course, I will visit her. And I wish I will do it soon. 

" So what are you cooking?"

I ask. She starts mashing the potatoes again.

" Savory garlic marinated steak with mashed potatoes"

She says with a big smile.

" wow "

I say and then I smell something sweet and familiar. 

" Wait are you making?"

I say and stop. Look at the oven.

" Cherry pie, Klaus said that it's your favorite "

Yeah, he did. I sit on a chair and cross my legs. She finishes the potatoes and puts them to the side. She turns her back to me and places a tray in front of me. I look at them. It had toast and an omelet, a cup of tea. I smile at her.

" Thanks "

I say.

" Always "

I eat my breakfast. Everything was delicious. She finishes the food and let the pie get baked in the oven. She came and sit beside me on the couch. 

" Melanie I didn't know you exist until the day I step my foot on this house. Klaus is always so secretive and keeps things to himself. But that's not the point. "