Charlie and Kaitlin's Talk

We went home after school, I made sure practice was cancelled for Abby's sake. Jessica and I organized an emergency meeting after school, the meetings over now. I'm about to talk to Kaitlin and see what her thoughts about Abby and see if she has feelings for her.

"Hey Kait"

"Hey Charlie" she says

"What's wrong?"

"Who beats up a cheerleader?" She asks "cheerleader or not I agree with you, do you need any help with the assembly project?"

"Kaitlin" I say "I'd love your help, any ideas are welcome"

"Thanks"

I nod

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure"

"Do you like Jessica's sister?" I ask

"Why?"

"Dude, I heard you clear as day in the locker room, everyone did" I say "Kait you weren't exactly subtle about what you said to Abby"

"Charlie, I feel really bad for Abby..." she says

"I know, we all do"

"...but as for me liking Abby, you're right" she says

We made it home

"It's cool" I say

"It's hard though" she says

"Why?"

"It just is" she says "can we just drop the subject?"

"We can when you tell me why it's hard"

"Fine, it is hard because even though I care about Abby and didn't know she was hurt or bullied I just... I wish I could've done something to stop it" she sighs "I mean what if she doesn't even reciprocate the same feelings as I have, what then Charlie? What then?"

"Wow, but what makes you think she doesn't have the same type of feelings you have?" I smile

"Really?"

"You never know if you don't ask for a minute alone" I say "why do you think I got rid of Krista and added Abby to the squad?"

"I don't know" she shrugs

"Really Kaitlin?" I say "I got rid of her for poor attitude, bad character and judgement..."

"Ok?"

"I added Abby so she could get to know YOU better, Kaitlin" I say

She smiled

"What should I do?"

"Do you want Jessica and I to set you up?" I ask

"Yes please"

"Ok, but it will have to be after the assembly"