1.0

ten | my liver hurts

ETHAN
FRIDAY | SEVEN DRINKS

"Please leave your message after the tone."

"Em," Ethan hiccups. "I had too much to drink. I should have stopped at five but I couldn't get the image of you pushing me away to stop."

Ethan is lying on the floor of his kitchen, basking in the brisk feeling of the tile. The liquor warmed his body.

"I just want this all to stop. I need to figure out a way for you to not hate me. That's gonna be hard, though." He whimpered, curling onto his side.

"My love for you outweighs your overwhelming hate towards me, I think. I just have to show you. I promise I'm not an asshole. Everything points to me that I am, but I really am not. The whole reason I'm in this mess is because I cared too much. Now look where caring has gotten me."

Ethan sighs, "Everything hurts. My head, my heart, probably my liver. But hey, at least alcohol numbs that feeling."

"I probably waited too long to try and fix things, hell—when it was safe I should have tried. I was dumb though, I thought it was better to wait. I just hope it's not too late. But better late than never, right?

"If I went on for years without telling you the truth, I think the guilt would kill me."