0.9

nine | figment of my imagination

ETHAN
WEDNESDAY | FOUR DRINKS

"Please leave your message after the tone."

"I had a dream about you. It felt like I was back in your arms. You held me and told me you were sorry. I could even smell your sweet perfume.

"I felt the traces of your hands on my face and how you said you'd love me forever, that we were together again at last. I felt the most safe I've ever felt even if it was only a figment of my imagination. It was the closest I'll ever get to you at this point.

"I miss you, Emma. I know it's been two years since I saw you last but I wish we could go back to how it was. I miss our stupid conversations and our pointless arguments about the most random things. We laughed so much, oh how I miss your laugh.

"I thought I was totally doomed to never hear your voice again until I realized I still had videos of you on my phone. There was one of us at a coffee shop and you were blowing bubbles in your drink and another of us at my house when I let you attempt to play my video game and you got so frustrated trying to figure out the controls.

"At first, it was too much for me to handle. I started crying. Then I realized that it's the memories I have to hold on to. At least until I can make some new ones with you. That is, if you let me.

"If you actually do listen to these, I hope you can find it in your heart to hear me out. You won't regret it."