Runaway girl

~*~

~*~

The next morning Jo never showed up at Cathy's house. Cathy told me it didn't matter she had something to do before school anyway. I sighed as she left me alone. I decided I was going to look for Jo. The first place I thought of was the Diner. It was her family's place she had to be there right?

When I walked into the Diner the bell went off.

"Hey Bobby." I called to Jo's uncle. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey kiddo." He said standing up from one of the chairs.

"Is Jo here by any chance?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"No she didn't tell ya?" He asked me. I gave him a confused glance.

"Tell me what?"

"Oh she went into school early to work on a project." I furrowed my brows.

"Oh, well I guess I'll get going then."

"Wait a minute little lady you want anything to eat." Bobby asked me. I thought for a moment.

"You know pancakes sound really good right now." I smiled at him.

"Alright one triple stack stack silver dollar pancake coming up." I smiled Graciously and sat down at one of the empty barstools. In the back I heard some arguing but decided not to ease drop.

The bell rang from the door causing me to look up from the book I was reading. The boy from Mr. Richards class had walked in. I smiled to him. He nodded and smiled back.

"Hi welcome to 1953!" Bobbys voice exclaimed as he set down my pancakes in front of me. "May I help you?" He asked the boy.

"Uh just some toast and a coffee to go please." He said politely.

"For a grown boy like you?" Bobby questioned. I took a bite of my pancakes.

"Why not try our triple stack stack silver dollar pancakes." He tried selling to the boy.

"You really should try them there delicious." I smiled interrupting Bobby. Bobby nodded in my direction.

"See listen to the little lady. Or try our Oh Mama omelet." I rolled my eyes at Bobby.

"Just the toast to go sir."

"You look a lot like somebody that I used to know." Bobby pried. The boy frowned.

"Well I'm new to town soo." I frowned no wonder I had never seen him around before.

"Hm, alright one omelet coming up. On the house." Bobby said  completely ignoring the boys request.

"I'm Shelley." I said walking over to the boy.

"Allen." I stuck out my hand for him to shake, which he did.