I cant help myself

~*~

~*~

"Shelley! Shelley Hurry Up! The party starts in 30 minutes." My dad called from downstairs. I sighed smoothing out my light blue dress. My hair was waved into its usual blow out and I was ready to go. I loved the Fitzroy garden parties usually but this year I had a feeling it would be totally different.

I came down the stairs and out on a black heel. "I'll be at Cathy's." I called to my parents before heading across the street.

"Hi Cathy!" I smiled when she opened the door. She quickly let me in and ushered me to her room. Jo was already in Cathy's room when I arrived.

"Alright guys we've only got about 17 minutes." Cathy told us looking at her alarm clock. We all looked at each other before quickly constructing a plan. I was going to stand guard for Jo and Cathy to Search. We all ran to Mr. Fitzroy's office. I sat outside pretending to be bored while Jo and Cathy ran inside.

"The party starts in 15 minutes." Cathy's mom called from downstairs. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Honey is my watch in there?" Mr. Fitzroy asked.

"Did you check your office dear?" My heart rate sped up as I hopped Cathy and Jo would make it out in time. I jumped in the air when Cathy and Jo came rushing out of the office almost running into her dad.

"Woah now ladies why the rush." He asked all of us.

"Sorry dad I forgot my pearls." Cathy lied. I sighed as it looked like he bought it.

"And Jo forgot her...everything." He stages looking at Jo. He smiled at me before heading downstairs to answer the doorbell.

...

Cathy sat in her chair reading the note her and Jo found in her dads office. Jo on the other hand was looking at herself in the mirror. Cathy had given her a dress and let's just say Jo looked great.

"I look like a misplaced doll." She whined.

"You do not." I shot back.

" I heart hasn't felt loss like this before but then again my heart didn't feel until I met you." Said aloud.

"What's that?" Jo asked coming over to her.

"A letter we found In my dads office." Cathy answered. "We both know this love is wrong but Understand this love is the only right I've felt. Love FH" Cathy finished reading the letter.

"Who was it addressed to?" I asked curiously.

"My mother I guess but it sure isn't my fathers hand writing." She sighed.

"Wait so who's FH and old Bo?" Jo asked.

"My parents Have been married 17 years and this is dated 1953"