08.

I stared at my ceiling, Sam Smith songs playing loudly through my speakers. I haven't talked to Jack or Sam after that day. Jack hasn't bothered to contact me. Sam calls or texts every now and hen but I don't bother with answering.

My music shut off and I sat up and turned to my brother who held his phone in his hand. He looked angry and I smiled.

"Great, you have a reason to be mad at me. This is just great." I said and he sighed.

"Do you know Jack Gilinsky?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes" I said and he crossed his arms.

"I don't want you to hang out with him. Ever again Ava." He said and I rolled my eyes before standing up straight.

"Why?" I asked him with narrowed eyes and crossed arms.

"Because he's a bad person." he said and I laughed.

"How? Everyone's said those exact words but won't give me proof!" I yelled and he shook his head.

"I'm your brother, I don't need to give you proof." He said in a stern voice and I rolled my eyes.

"God Tyler, give up the father act would you." I said and walked to my bedroom door.

"I'm trying to protect you Ava!" He yelled and I stopped in my place.

"Tyler really, just give up the father role. I haven't had one my whole life, I don't need one right now." I said and he shook his head.

"I need you to stay away from Jack Ava. I'm serious." He said and I tugged at my hair, spinning around to face him.

"God why does everyone say that! Sure he's a little secretive but he's not harmful or anything!" I yelled and he avoided eye contact with me.

"Ava I-"

"What aren't you telling me?" I asked in a monotone voice and he sighed.

"I uh- I know Jack." He said and I nodded.

"Yeah he told me." I said and he nodded but stopped, his eyes widening.

"He knows your my sister?" He asked and I nodded. "God damn it Ava. He's going to try and fuck you over now. He doesn't like me. I don't like him." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"You've made that very clear Ty." I said and he shook his head.

"God, you don't understand Ava." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Why because I'm 18? Because I'm a little girl? Did I understand when you were helping me with my homework in the eighth grade? Did I understand when you went out late at night and got drunk off your ass. Oh, about how when you snuck out to see your girlfriend so you could fuck her and leave her? Did I understand then Tyler?" I yelled at him and his eyes darkened in anger. I had hit a soft spot. I was good at that.

"Do you know why I went out and drank until I passed out? Did your precious fucking boyfriend tell you?" He yelled at me and I raised an eyebrow.

"Why would he know?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Jack's the one that got Bianca hooked!" He yelled and I looked at him with confusion filled eyes.

"What are you talkign about?" I asked and he sighed heavily.

"Jack and I met in high school and got really close, and when I did something to piss him off. He got Bianca hooked on drugs and then thought it would be a good idea to let her drive home. That's how she died Ava. She crashed on her way home from one of the parties he took her to."