11.

Ava's POV

We sat there for what felt like forever, neither of us doing anything. Not words were spoken. No movement was captured. Absolutely nothing.

"I uh- Can I-" He struggled with words and I laughed.

"Yeah" I said and he wasted no time with moving forward and pressing his soft lips against mine. It wasn't heated, it wasn't needy and it wasn't fast. It made my body heat up and it made me want to melt right then and there.

There was this fire that burned in the pit of my stomach, a feeling I'll never forget. There was a voice in the back of my mind telling me I would regret it later but right now, I didn't care. The only thing I cared about was the sincerity in his voice, the walls he had let down for right now, and how his lips felt perfect against mine.

He pulled back after a while and smiled at me. "So uh, do you want to hear the rest?" He asked and I sighed.

"If you don't want to tell me-"

"That's not what I asked." He cut me off and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah." I said and he nodded.

"We broke up, officially, the next day or so. This was all junior year. I had acted like I didn't care. I walked up and down the halls, not caring much about anything really. I got worse. My anger got worse and my... addiction got worse. I couldn't stand my own emotions, nor my thoughts. I walked around looking like this kid that didn't give a shit about anything in life when I really just needed an out." He said and my heart broke for the tenth time in the last hour.

People made him out to be this scary guy that didn't have a purpose for any of the shit he did. He's just broken. And nobody cared. Until now.

"Bianca and I were still friends. Not that close or anything but we talked. We "partied" sometimes. All that fun shit you know? Now, Tyler and I were good friends. He would help every now and then but in the moment when it all happened it annoyed me. Senior year rolls around, Tyler says he met some chick at a party. Talks about how hot she is and all that normal guy stuff. Time rolls around, and I'm teasing the shit out of Tyler because he's too scared to tell me who it is. One day we got into a screaming match and he reveals everything. Bianca, is his girlfriend. Now, I've been hanging out with Bianca for a while. As well as Tyler, but when I wasn't with either of them, they were together." My eyes widened and my lips part.

"So I went to a bonfire one night, and got fed up with everything. I went down to the lake that the party was next to and I pulled out a bong, and started smoking. Bianca walks by and by now, she knows that I knew her little mystery."