16.

I opened Jack's front door while he stumbled into the house, creating a bunch of noise.

"Jack you have to be quiet" I said and he nodded.

He put a finger to his lips and kept nodding. "Quiet" He said and I nodded.
I dragged him down the stairs and into the basement since it was furthest away from his mom's room.

Jack fell onto the couch and instantly fell asleep, so I finally let my tears go. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself before cringing. Tear stains. Smeared makeup. Naughty hair.
I walked back out and sat on the leather chair before quickly falling asleep.

-

I woke up and looked at Jack who still slept soundly. I felt my tears start to rush back before I could control them. I ran into the bathroom and sat on the closed toilet before resting my head in my hands and sobbing s quietly as I could.

He said he was clean. He said he hadn't done that in a long time. He said he wouldn't do it again.

I heard the bathroom door open before someone grabbed my wrists and pulled them away from his face.

"I'm sorry" Jack said and I looked up at him to see his perfectly white eyes. He was sober. Well, that was good I guess.
I shook my head and stood up before walking out of the bathroom. I walked towards the staircase but was stopped like always.

"Ava don't" He sounded so sincere. He sounded so helpless and vulnerable.

"Don't? Don't what Jack?" I yelled and he looked away from me.

"Don't leave me" He said and I shook my head.

"Jack you fucked up. You did something you said you'd never do again and not only does that shit hurt you, but it hurts me" I said and he shook his head. "I don't need to see someone that I'm falling so hard for, end up in another shitty lifestyle" His head snapped up to meet my eyes.

"God Ava. I thought I fell for Bianca" He said and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "I thought I was in love with Bianca. I thought I loved her because she had fun with me. She thought snorting a line was hot. But here you are, giving me your all and tearing me away from that bullshit and I- I don't know how to react to it" he said and I shook my head.

"Why don't you know how to react to it?" I asked and he tugged at his hair.

"Because nobody's put that time and effort into making me a better person. Nobody's cared so much about my shitty choices." He said and I sighed.

"I've never cared so much about someone's shitty choices." I said and he cracked a small smile.

"I've never cared so much about someone."