17.

Jack's POV

I sped down one of the streets of Omaha, I was late. I hate being late. Ava hates when I'm late. I've already messed up recently and I didn't need another fuck up for her to remember.

I groaned loudly and punched the steering wheel when the light ahead of my turned red. I looked at the time on my phone and cursed when it read 2:13. She got out of school 13 minutes ago.

When I reached the hell hole that I hated coming to, but came for Ava anyways, I stopped my car and got out of the car, jogging to Ava who was standing with Johnson and Sam.

"Babe I'm sorry" I said and she turned to me with a small smile.

"It's fine" She said and I shook my head.

"No I have to step mess-"

"Jack she's not mad at you" Sam said and I raised an eyebrow. I looked at Ava who was leaning against my chest with closed eyes and smiled slightly.

"Who's the hottie?" An obviously fake blonde girl asked. She was eyeing me and it honestly made me uncomfortable.

"No Brianna. Don't" Ava said and I raised an eyebrow.

"I just asked who he was" She said and I smirked a bit.

"Ava's boyfriend" I piped up, earning her attention as well as Ava's.

I looked down at her and saw her smile widely, making me smile.

"I don't believe it" She said and I put my hand on Ava's lower back, pushing her against me and slamming my lips against hers.

Neither of us bothered to pull away until we heard a shriek.

"Why would you date Ava out of all girls?" She asked and I threw my arm around Ava's shoulders.

I shrugged before she scoffed. "How old are you anyways. Like 16?" She asked and I laughed.

"20" I said and her eyes widened.

"Wait are you-"

"Jack Gilinsky" I said and she gasped loudly. "Now, if you'll excuse us, I'm taking Ava to my house to uh- hang out." I winked at her before turning to Sam and Johnson.

I heard her scoff again and did the "bro handshake" with the two guys before walking Ava to my car who was clearly holding in laughter.

We got into the car and she let out a loud laugh.

"Glad you got a kick out of that" I said and she smiled.

"Are we really going to your house?" she asked and I smirked.

"If that's what you want to do baby girl" I said and she blushed insanely.