Episode 1

We Need to Talk About Kevin

Dean: C'mon. Let's do this.

Sam: I don't know whether to give you a hug or take a shower. ... Dude, you're freakin' alive! I mean, what the hell happened?

Dean: Well, I guess standing too close to exploding Dick sends your ass straight to Purgatory.

Sam: You were in Purgatory? For the whole year?

Dean: Yeah, time flies when you're running for your life.

Sam: So Cas is dead? You saw him die?

Dean: I saw enough.

Dean: No. You, Sam. You quit?

Sam: Yeah. Yeah, I- you were gone... Dean. Cas was gone, Bobby was dead. I mean, Crowley even shipped off Kevin and Meg to parts unknown.

Dean: So you just turned tail on the family business?

Sam: Nothing says family quite like the whole family being dead.

Dean: I wasn't dead. In fact, I was knee-deep in God's armpit, killing monsters. Which, I thought, is what we actually do.

Sam: Yes, Dean, and as far as I knew, what we do is the thing that got every single member of my family killed. I had no one. No one. And for the first time in my life I was completely alone, and honestly I didn't exactly have a road map. So, yeah, I fixed up the Impala and I just drove.

Dean: After you looked for me. Did you look for me, Sam? ... Good. That's good. No, we always told each other not to look for each other. That's smart, good for you. Of course we always ignored that because of our deep abiding love for each other. But not this time, right Sammy?

Sam: I'm still the same guy.

Dean: Well bully for you! I'm not.

Kevin: Three months since you ditched my ass. Haven't slept for more than four hours a night. It's all good in the hood. Uh, if you're still alive, eat me.

Dean: The rules are simple, Sam. You don't take a joint from a guy named Don and there's no dogs in the car!

Dean: It was bloody, messy. 31 flavors of bottom dwelling nasties. Hell, most days felt like 360 degree combat. But there was something about being there... it felt pure.

Kevin: What the hell happened to you guys?

Dean: Cliff notes? I went to Purgatory, Sam hit a dog.

Dean: Were you able to read anything else off the tablet before you stashed it?

Kevin: Only the stuff about closing the Gates of Hell. Forever.

Dean: ... Come again?

Kevin: Banish all demons off the face of the Earth. Lock them away forever. That could be important, right?

Dean: Closing the Gates of Hell forever? Yeah! Yeah, that could be important.

Amelia: You're gonna take the dog?

Sam: Look, I- I would. He's... not mine.

Amelia: He's not anybody's.

Sam: I- I spent a lot of time on the road.

Amelia: Don't you think you're responsible?

Sam: Why do you think I brought him here?

Amelia: Roberta, could you hand this man his trophy on his way out, please? Maybe if you were such an upstanding guy you wouldn't have hit him in the first place?

Sam: Fine. I'll take him.

Amelia: There's my hero.

Demon: Dean Winchester, back from Purgatory.

Dean: Spanky the demon, yeah I heard about you. You're the one that uses too much teeth, right?

Crowley: Dean, you're looking... well let's just say Purgatory didn't do you any favors. Where's your angel?

Dean: Ask your mother.

Crowley: There's that grade-school zip. Missed it, I really did.

Crowley: Moose! Still with the pork chops. I admire that.

Crowley: Chin up, gentleman. I'm a professional.

Dean: This ain't over by a long shot, Crowley.

Crowley: Really, Dean, who writes  your stuff? A marshmallow?

Channing: Kevin... what's going on?

Kevin: There is a demon in you and you're going to your safety school.

Sam: Kevin? How you holding up?

Kevin: Awesome. The king of Hell just snapped my girlfriend's neck. How about you?

Dean: All right, listen to me. I'm sorry about your girlfriend, okay? I am. But the sooner you get this, the better. You're in it now, whether you like it or not. That means you do what you got to do I'm hitting the head.

Benny: I think you had it right, bud.

Dean: What's that?

Benny: Purgatory was pure. I'm kind of wishin' I had appreciated it more. You know? Like you.