Episode 8

Hunteri Heroici

Dean: What's the word, Cas?

Castiel: It's a shortened version of my name.

Dean: So, what now? More to Vermont, open up a charming B&B?

Dean: Wait, Cas, Cas! If you want to play cowboys and bloodsuckers, that's fine. But You're gonna stick with us, okay? None of this zapping around crap. Capiche?

Castiel: Yeah, I capiche.

Dean: All right, then.

Castiel: Can I, uh, at least ride in the front seat?

Sam and Dean: No.

Castiel: I was being bad cop.

Dean: You were being bad everything.

Dean: Frigging suburbs, man.

Castiel: So she's not a witch?

Dean: Just the best wife ever.

Castiel: Then what killed her husband?

Dean: Who gives a...

Castiel: I understand. The bird represents God, and the coyote is man, endlessly chasing the divine but never able to catch him. It's hilarious.

Dean: "X" marks the spot. Well, whoever's doing this is playing by cartoon rules.

Castiel: Animation doesn't have rules.

Dean: Sure it does. In Toontown, a- a pretty girl can make your heart leap out of your chest, anvils fall from the sky, and if you draw a door of a black hole on the wall, you can stroll right through it.

Castiel: I'm not through with you.

BOB the cat: Dumbass.

Sam: Look, it can be nice living in a dream world. It can be great. I know that. And you can hide, and you can pretend... all the crap out there doesn't exist, but you can't do it forever because... eventually, whatever it is you're running from, it'll find you. It'll come along, and it'll punch you in the gut. And then... then you got to wake up, because if you don't, then trying to keep that dream alive will destroy you! It'll destroy everything!

Stan: It won't last. You are living in a dream world.

Amelia: I like it here. I like this house. I like Sam.

Stan: Sam is a mess.

Amelia: I'm a mess... Please. Let us be messes together.

Sam: Do you know he was having an affair?

Castiel: What?

Dean: Strike one, Sherlock.

Dean: She's right, you know. I mean, the whole heart jumping out of the guy's chest, the- the- the delayed fall, that's straight-up Bugs Bunny.

Castiel: So we're looking for some sort of insect-rabbit hybrid? How do we kill it?

Sam: No, we don't, Cas. That's a character, like, uh, like Woody Woodpecker or Daffy Duck.

Dean: They're animated movies. You know, uh, the coyote chases a roadrunner, and then the- ... the anvil gets dropped on his head.

Casiel: Is it supposed to be funny?

Dean: No. It's hilarious.

Dean: Alright, let's gear up. It's wabbit season!

Castiel: I don't think you pronounced that correctly.