Episode 7

A Little Slice of Kevin

Sam: You look like you've... well, I was gonna say "You look like you've seen a ghost", but you'd probably be stocked.

Crowley: No. No. No. And no. That's not what I want to hear. This hurts you more than it hurts me, so I can go on forever. Which in your case, forever means... well, forever.

Delta: You bet. It was a bitch, but so worth it. Honestly, I am sick of being treated like dirt by those demons. Like, who died and made them boss? Well, probably somebody did. But they could use a serious attitude reduction. Kev, where's the ladies room? Long drive, and you know...

Dean: Yeah. Yeah, uh, I got to be honest. I- I- I'm thinking, how the hell did you make it out? I mean, I- I was there. I- I- I know that place. I know how we had to scratch and claw and kill and bleed to find that portal and make it through it, and it almost finished me. So, uh... so how exactly are you sitting here with us right now?

Castiel: Dean, everything you just said is completely true. And that's the strange part. I... have no idea. I remember endlessly running and hiding from Leviathan, and then I was on the side of the road in Illinois. And... that was it.

Dean: And that- that was it?

Castiel: Yes... Oh. I'm dirty.

Dean: Yeah well, Purgatory will do that to you.

Dean: You do see something... severely wrong here, right? Sammy, I remember every second of leaving that place. I mean I remember the heat, the stink, the pain, the fear. I have that whole ugly mess right here... and he says he has no idea how he got out? I'm just not buying it.

Castiel: I'm not sure what happened to Chuck, but, um... he must be dead.

Kevin: The next is... "The demonic influence on the collective tapestry of the soul."

Crowley: Blah blah blah. Doesn't anyone ever edit this stuff? So far as a writer, God's a snooze. No fun at parties, I hear.

Kevin: 'So ends the transcription of the sacred word for the defence of mankind. Into the hands of God's children thus passes the compendium of tablets'.

Crowley: Compendium?

Kevin: It's a collection of things, especially one systematically organized.

Crowley: I know what a 'compendium' is, Kevin. What does Metatron mean?

Sam: I called a friend of ours, Garth. He does what we do. Well... in his own way. He'll keep an eye on you guys. No more going off on your own. You get that it was hiring that witch that got you into all this, right? How you holding up, Kev?

Castiel: It's where I belonged. I needed to do penance. After the things I did on earth and in heaven, I didn't deserve to be out. And I saw that clearly when I was there. I- I planned to stay all along. I just didn't know how to tell you. You can't save everyone, my friend... though, you try.

Linda: I hired a witch.

Kevin: A witch?

Linda: Off of Craigslist. Her name is Delta Mendota and she is a smart cookie. She's scrappy, reliable, and willing to kill.