Episode 6

Southern Comfort

Dean: Because, Sam, Kevin's in the wind, okay, you're sulking around like a eunuch in a whorehouse, and I can't help but ask myself, when is decapitation not my thing?

Dean: Is that gum, or is that ectoplasm?

Sam: Ectoplasm is usually black, right?

Garth (tasting the green goo): Mm. Definitely ectoplasm. So, what are we thinking, uh, some kind of ghost, right?

Dean: Let me get this straight. This poor guy goes to prom with some girl over 30 years ago, and because of that, he is now a pancake?

Sam: I mean, if this is a ghost, maybe it's some sort of possession?

Dean: Easy there, flyweight. Last time you drank a beer, I had to pick you up off the floor.

Garth: You're such an idjit.

Dean: Idjit's supposed to be used angrily. Okay? Not happy. If you're gonna butcher it, don't say it at all.

Dean: What, you- you were a dentist?

Garth: Yeah, just for, like, a hot minute. Where'd you think I got my first case?

Dean: Let me guess, Tooth Fairy.

Garth: Yeah, man. I mean, not my proudest moment, but it happened. Mmm. Man, this is good.

Garth: Bobby belonged to all of us Dean, not just you and Sam. I'm just taking what he showed me and trying to do something with it. That's all.

Sam: Burn a Confederate soldier's bones in a town full of rednecks? Sure.

Garth: All right. All right. All right. All right. Uh, I kind of feel like we should say something, all right? Don't you? Just... a little...

Dean: Sure. We won.

Amelia: I don't know. You want to talk about it?

Sam: Last night?

Amelia: No, Dean, you pervert.

Dean: You never even wanted this life. Always blamed me for pulling you back into it... Everything you've ever done since you climbed into my ride has been to deceive me.

Sam: What do you want me to say? That I've made mistakes? I've made mistakes, Dean.

Garth: That's not Dean, Sam.

Dean: Mistakes? Well, let's go through some of Sammy's greatest hits. Drinking demon blood? Check. Being in cahoots with Ruby? Not telling me that you lost your soul? Or how about running around running around with Samuel for a whole year, letting me think that you were dead while you were doing all kinds of crazy? Those aren't mistakes, Sam. Those are choices!

Sam: Alright, you said. We've both played a little fast and loose.

Dean: Yeah, I might have lied. But I never once betrayed you. I never once left you to die. And for what? A girl? You left me to die for a girl?

Sam: For the record, the girl, her name's Amelia. Amelia Richardson. She and I had a place together in Kermit, Texas.

Sam: Own up to your crap, Dean. I told you from the jump where I was coming from, why I didn't look for you. But you- you had secrets. You had Benny! And you got on your high and mighty and you've been kicking me ever since you got back. But that's over. So move on, or I will!

Dean: I was in Purgatory.

Garth: Like Purgatory Purgatory?

Dean: No, the one in Miami.

Garth: Man, that's balls.

Dean: That's not how you say 'balls'.

Dean: So first the mom goes Natural Born Killer, and now the son? Well, what do we got, a ghost with an Oedipus complex? ... I don't know what that means.