Episode 15

Man's Best Friend with Benefits

Sam: Okay, okay, okay. Before you get pissed off, look, I- I just want you to know this isn't my fault. She just showed up at the door, okay? Didn't track in any mud. Just wanted her belly scratched. I- I figured maybe she could stay tonight, and we'd try and find her a home tomorrow.

Dean: She can stay the night.

Sam: Two seconds ago, she was a dog. All right, who the hell are you?

Portia: I'm a familiar.

Dean: A what?

Sam: Companion to a witch, some witched. Split their time between human and animal form.

Portia: I get a more accurate read on people in my other persona. Approaching guys in a motel room like this, well, it gets complicated.

Dean: Well, here's the thing. Uh, witches, not real fans.

Portia: Really? Well, James is a cop with a spotless record. He's used his skills for nothing but good. So why don't you lose the ignorant bigotry for maybe two seconds and give him a shot?

Dean: That was incredibly hot.

Sam: I was pretty hot.

Sam: I know what you're saying, Dean. You've said it. You know, I've been going over this and over this, asking myself "why doesn't he trust me?" And it occured to me, finally. It's not that you don't trust me. It's that you can only trust you.

Portia: James and I were close, without psychological walls, intimate.

Dean: I don't-

Sam: They had sex.

Dean: Wow... I, uh, I didn't expect that.

Portia: We have an unusual relationship. Familiars aren't supposed to be sexually involved with their witches.

Dean: Understandable, you know, considering that you're a... well, and that he's... That's... Little help here?

Dean: I got to ask. I- I can't help but wonder-

Portia: Which came first, dog or girl?

Dean: Yeah. Yeah, I mean, I'm just curious as to which one you consider yourself, mostly.

Portia: This have anything to do with what I told you about James and me last night? How you're imagining it?

Dean: What? No, that's... Yes.

Sam: Oh, by the way, got to hand it to you. It's been 15 hours since Portia mentioned her night with James, and not one bestiality joke outta ya.

Portia: James, are you sure you're still even able to do this?

Dean: Oh, well, that's a confidence builder. Anything else I should know before I before some disembodied thing, completely at his mercy?

Dean: Well, kids, don't try this at home.

Dean: You know, when I look back at what our family's been through, what everybody's been through, seeing all that pain... I realize that the only way we've made it through it all is by hanging together. I trust you, Sammy. With this deal, locking those sons of bitches up in the furnace once and for all, it's too important not to. So if you say you're good... then that's it. I'm with you 100%.