Episode 9

Citizen Fang

Sam: Really, Dean? You don't believe that? Because Benny's a vampire. And any hunter worth his salt isn't gonna let one just walk around freely. So I had Martin keep tabs on him. And right now, it's looking like I made the right call.

Dean: I got history with the guy, okay? I'm not signing up for a witch hunt. I owe him more than that.

Martin: What in God's great creation could a Winchester possibly owe a vampire? Am I hearing this right?

Dean: You're out of pei? Story of my life. Uh, that's all right. Maybe you can make it up to me. I'm actually lokking for an old friend of mine. I heard he's kicking around these parts. His name's Roy.

Dean: Um, listen, I, uh, I tell you what. If he pops up before I can find him, you do me a favor and just have him give me a buzz... or could just drop a dime yourself.

Benny: Rogue vamp. Came into the cafe a couple nights ago. Youngter goes by the name of Desmond. He, uh, he remembers me from the good old days.

Dean: The good old days?

Benny: I know it's hard to believe, but I haven't always been so cute and cuddly. He's chasing a memory, Dean. That's all. He's crewing up a new nest. He's hoping I can give him some cred. I told him no.

Dean: Handle on things? Benny, you 've got two stiffs on your hands and two hunters on your ass.

Benny: Oh, please. The half-wit who found me at the cafe? I'll take my chances with him.

Dean: That half-wit was sent by my brother, and trust me, my brother's not someone you want to mess with.

Sam: Listen, Dean, we came here on a dead body. You asked for some time, and now there's another dead body. Are we just going on trust here?

Dean: Yes.

Sam: Okay. Because we've killed for a lot less, and you know how these things turn out for us...

Dean: Yes, I do, too well. in fact, every relationship I've ever had has gone to crap at some point. But the one thing I can say about Benny? He has never let me down.

Sam: Well, good on you, Dean. Must feel great finally finding someone you can trust after all these years.

Benny: You've lost a step, friend. You need to lay off the junk food.

Don: Truth is, I can't blame either of you for what happened. Hell, these were days there I thought I was a dead man. But when I do come back and what I come back to is this, well, it ain't no great mystery if part of me is thinking. "What's wrong with this picture?"

Sam: Don-

Don: Sam, let me finish. I know part of her loves me. And now... part of her loves you. But the only one that knows what's best for Amelia is Amelia. So when all of this is said and done and she's made her decision, I'll respect it. And if you truly love her, you'll do the same.

Sam: Any casualties?

Dean: Martin.

Sam: Was it Benny?

Dean: He had it coming, Sam. I'll tell you what happened.

Sam: I- I know what happened, Dean.

Dean: Okay, you want to listen to me or not?