Chapter 13

Two months later - Monday -

Amber POV...

Amber woke up to her son jumping up and down on her bed.

"Mommy wake up"

"Mommy wake up"

"Niamiah stop jumping on my bed

"Mommy get up" Amber groaned and turned to look up at her dressed son but he had something on his face.

"Niamiah what is on your face?"

"Eggs" He lied and jumped off my bed, he know damn well he ain't eat no eggs.

"Niamiah let me find out you eating sweets at 7 in the morning me and you gon fight" I joked as he put his little fist up like he was ready to fight, he not ready he don't want this problem.

"Oh really you wanna fight mama son?" I asked as I got out of bed and he giggled and nodded. I picked him up and tossed him on my bed, I was tickling his sides as he laughed uncontrollably.

"Who won?"

"You did mommy you did" He said and I let him go and pressed a kiss to his lips.

"Wait a minute I taste powdered sugar and oatmeal cookies. Boy I know you didn't eat my cookies" He jumped off my bed and ran out my room so quickly I thought he would leave skid marks on my floor. I shook my head and got in my shower, I took a quick shower and got dressed.

It was almost 8 so I had to rush Niamiah to school

It was almost 8 so I had to rush Niamiah to school. After dropping him off I went to Starbucks and grabbed a drink and headed to Waffle House to get something to eat. I parked my car and walked through the doors, Suzi was busy with a customer and Jennifer was taking out trash, Kelly was calling and order and Amanda must have been washing dishes, Bill was helping Berta and Elaina on the grill. If Bill was cooking then they must have been busy but it looks like it's dying down. I sat at the high counter and waited for someone to notice me. It took a few seconds but then Amanda yelled out my name.

"Amber is here, hi Amber"

"Hi honey" Suzi came straight from her table to hug me and Suzi don't hug anybody.