Chapter Seven

-- Aaliyah in MM.

Tuesday, November 7th, 2018.
6:29pm...

Aaliyah

I strutted down the hallway hand in hand with Chris.

We were attending a small gathering with other lawyers and he wanted me as his plus one.

Obviously they were going to discuss things that bore me to the max BUT he supported me so it was only right that I return the favor.

He opened the door to the restaurant that they purchased for the evening.

It was elegant.

People greeted him from left and right while I simply held onto his hand and smiled.

I stayed by his side while he talked and laughed with some men that he went to college with.

The men all kept looking at me and it made me feel uncomfortable.

"Who is your stunning date?" One finally asked and all the men directed their attention to me.

Of course it was while I was chewing on something. I swallowed before answering.

"I'm A--"

"Aaliyah Davenport." Chris cut me off.

"How old are you, beautiful?" Another guy asked.

"I'm twent--"

"She's old enough." He said then laughed causing all the other men to laugh.

"She looks like she could be my daughter." A old guy joked.

Their comments were blowing me at this point. I wanted to roll my eyes so bad but I had to refrain from it and instead I just tuned them out.

A waitress was walking around with champagne and wine glasses and for this night I'll definitely be needing a whole bottle before I feel anything.

I grabbed one for myself and looked around admiring the room.

The chandlers were breath takingly beautiful.

Everyone looked so classy and it was a completely different scene for me.

Child support specialist don't do these kinds of things with each other.

"Aaliyah." I turned around. "I've been looking everywhere for you."

"I was looking around." I sipped my wine. "This building is beautiful."

"Yeah, it can go from this to a sweet 16 real fast though." He laughed and I smiled. "Are you enjoying yourself?"

"Mhm." I lied. This was beyond boring and I was ready to go. "I'm gonna go freshen up and get some fresh air."

"Alright. Don't leave a glass slipper behind." He kissed my hand.

"Right." I walked off.

Tonight was a bore. I would have rather spent the evening dancing around in my underwear.

The next day
12:37pm...

I got up from my desk to grab another red bull.

I was beyond tired and all I want to do is fall asleep.

I opened the can and sat back down to continue my work.

There was a knock on my door.

"How can I help you?" I asked the man that gad entered.

"I was told to come here to make my payment." He told me, taking a seat.