Chapter Twenty Seven

-- Dominique, Cyn & Julio in MM.

Sunday, April 8th, 2019.
4:49am...

Aubree

"Yo?" I mumbled into the phone, whoever it was, was interrupting my sleep.

"Aye, we got eyes on Tevin." I heard Julio.

"Julio? What the fuck do you mean?" I sat up, beginning to wake up more.

"The mothafucka is in New York... With his ole lady, I'm assuming. They're staying at a hotel near the trap called Home Gardens. My connect on the inside unofficially told me that they aren't checking out until Wednesday morning."

"What the fuck would he be doing in New York?" I asked outloud.

"You know I'll find out." Julio responded.

"Get a car and jet set up for me, and make sure y'all don't lose this man." I sighed.

"Im on it already."

"I know it, I'm on my way just keep an eye on that mothafucka, I want him for myself."

"I got you." Julio disconnected the phone.

I laid back on the bed and thought about shit before deciding on leaving, I gotta handle this shit.

I adjusted the temperature of the shower water to my liking and got inside.

To do my best thinking.

I'm no longer worried about Tevin, I know Julio is on that but what if, Tevin had nothing to do with the break in? Then I'm chasing the wrong mothafucka.

I mean, yeah Tevin has to be dealt with but if this isn't his doing then he isn't posing a threat to her and I could've been focusing on the mothafucka that actually is responsible.

Or what if he is responsible, wants me to follow him to New York so someone can finish their job on her.

I don't know but I do know I'll never leave her vulnerable to the world like this again.

I'll protect her with everything in me.

I finished off my shower, handled the rest of my hygiene before throwing on some clothes.

I approached Aaliyah's bedside and she was still laying there peacefully.

I rubbed her hair and kissed her on her forehead and then her lips.

"I'll be back for you." I told her before walking out the door.

Not knowing how long I'll be gone but I hope she understands every move I have been making recently is about her safety and anyone that poses a threat, has to be killed.

It's that simple.

I'll do anything for this girl.

I kept walking until I reached the elevators, i pushed the button and waited for them to open.

Once they did, a girl with long red hair smiled at me.

I simply nodded my head and got on.

"Lobby?" She asked over her shoulder.

I sighed, "yeah."

"Are you from around here?" She asked, turning around.

"Nah." I declined.

"Oh, I thought I'd seen you around before." She smiled.

I decided against responding.

The elevator opened and I walked off and out the building.