Chapter Ten

Wednesday, November 15th, 2018
Approx. 9:45pm...

Aubree

I sat in this meeting with Big Jim, the man who wants us to transport his guns.

"Why, do you want us to transport your guns? You don't even know us." Luke immediately began.

Big Jim chuckled, he was an older cat. Looks like he is going to kick the bucket at any moment.

"I just wanted to propose an opportunity for you gentlemen to make some more money." He held his hands up in surrender.

"There's more to that sweet story." Luke stared him down while I remained quiet.

"The story is, before Bradley died, I would transport my guns through him.. Now he is gone, I don't know who I can trust, I'm running low on supplies and this is a very high demand product." He responded.

"I don't trust it." Luke looked at me.

"I trust him." Courtney interviened and also looked at me.

My focus remained on Big Jim.

"Big Jim." I stood and he did as well.

I began walking towards him as I buttoned my suit back.

"The pleasure was ours." I extended my hand.

He shook it with a confused look in his face.

"I'll be sure to have my secretary contact you by Friday and let you know our decision." I cleared up his confusion.

"Of course." He smiled, showing his rotting teeth.

"signori, mostragli la strada per il suo veicolo." I told the two guards.

Gentlemen, show him to his vehicle.

They nodded and signaled for him to follow them.

"Hope to hear from you soon." He patted my shoulder as he passed me.

I simply nodded and put my hands in the pockets on my slacks.

When he exited the room, I pulled out my burner phone and called Harmony.

"Yo?" She answered.

"Put a tail on Jimmander Henderson, known as Big Jim and let me know all the calls he makes between this moment and Friday." I demanded.

"Right away." She disconnected the call.

"So what's up?" Courtney asked from behind me.

I took a deep breath before turning around to face them.

"Have a seat, gentlemen. We need to talk." They both sat back down along with me.

The room was quiet for a few moments.

"We do not disagree on anything in front of potential clients." I began. "We make decisions together but at the end of the day, it's all on me."

"Aubree--" Courtney began.

"Nah Cee, That's the problem, you want everyone to listen to you but you can't hear me out." I cut him off, I was definitely becoming annoyed with this whole situation.

"If bringing in Big Jim is going to have shit like this between us then I ain't gonna do it." I spoke honestly. "I don't know what that nigga said to you that has you so far up his ass but I ain't feelin' it." I shook my head.

"So what's the fuckin' decision, Ace?" Courtney asked and I could tell he was getting just as annoyed as I am.

"The fuckin' answer is no." I stood up. "Shits not happening, my nigga."