Chapter Thirty Five

-- Aaliyah's dance studio in MM.

Monday, June 10th, 2019
7:45am...

I walked out of the courtroom unable to breathe as I ran into the nearest bathroom.

"Hey, Hey, calm down, okay?" A lady approached me noticing my struggle to breathe.

I couldn't calm down.

"Okay, what you do is accept the sentence and while you're holding that person down, you focus on your self growth." She began talking to me.

"I know it's not fair but sometimes things happen for us to open our own eyes." She rubbed circles in my back as I began calming down and listening to her better.

She was reminding me of Ms. Roslyn right now, who I know would've been here every step of the way for everyone.

I calmed down enough to thank her and she gave me a warm smile.

"Take care of yourself, baby doll." She hugged me before exiting thr bathroom.

I stood there for a few moments, gathering myself.

I looked in the bathroom mirror and sighed at the mess in front of me.

I wasn't myself right now and although I know none of this is about me, it effects me to my core.

"Aaliyah?" Arianna whispered, not knowing if I was in here or not.

"Yes baby?" I ran my fingers through my hair.

"We're going to be okay." She hugged me from behind.

Arianna is slightly taller than me so she was able to rest her head on the back of me.

"I should be--"

"No ma'am." She turned me around. "Don't say those words ever again." She held me. "I'm here for you, through it all."

"Thank you, Ari." I pulled myself together.

"I put something together that'll make you feel a little better." Arianna smiled.

"What?" I asked.

"Just trust me." She drug me out of the restroom.

1 Hr Later...

We were pulling up to my dance studio.

"What are we doing here?" I rubbed my forehead, completely not in the mood.

"See, you gotta get back to yourself, Li." Arianna sighed as she parked the car. "Anytime anything went wrong, you'd lock yourself somewhere and dance until you couldn't dance anymore."

"Well--"

"You let Mike deprive you of your dream for so long, Chris wouldn't support you and then you run into Aubree... Who supported you for so much, he went and got you a whole studio."

"Yeah, he did." I smiled.

"I remember when we got our eviction notice back in Ohio; everyone was, sad, down and out, hurt and crying. Someone finally said "Where's Aaliyah?" We searched high and low for you and dad finally found you, music blasting while you were dancing in the shed with all the little chickens and chicks running wild." She laughed causing me to laugh too.

"It was always your release, no matter what." She said. "And further more, do you remember what happened when you finished dancing?"

I tried to think back. "I-uhm--"

"You had figured to do a fundraiser and we got so much money in, we paid the whole damn house off." She cut me off.

"I love you." I hugged her.