Seven Lives (Collab AU)

Instead of the seven being united to ensure they don't die and kill the universe, this AU revolves around the reality where their roles are reversed. But DX's... since he's already a vigi.

***

"I'm so sorry," Shizuko stammered. She glanced up to the villain sheepishly. Fiddling with her fingers, she awaited the villain's words while clutching her skirt. She never liked facing anyone new, despite being the best hero there is. Other than the fact that she spilled the #1 Villain's drink.

Atalanta looked down on her with distaste, literally and figuratively. Shizuko was the second shortest, after all; the first being the villain Lara.

"You better not be so idiotic next time!" Atalanta scoffed. She returned to the fridge and got herself a new beer.

Shizuko whimpered in fear. She retreated to the safety of her room.

Lara snorted at her cowardice. How can someone like her even earn a rank in the rankings? Moreover, she's supposed to be the best hero they have to offer. Guess their standards are as low as he expected.

In about three seconds, the figure of the vigilante, Death X could be seen entering her room. Most likely to keep her company. Those shy goody-two-shoes were destined to be together. If not, Sky might have to pay up. Shipping was one thing that would never get on her radar.

"Huh?" Atalanta picked up her ringing phone. "You fucking me? Another mission?"

"You could always kill them," Lara offered. "TAPOPS—Termination and Prostitution of Powerless Species— doesn't seem like it would fit you."

Atalanta rose. "I would, but I'm far too lazy. All the attention afterwards doesn't seem like a fair trade, don't you think?"

Lara shrugged and went back to trashtalking people online.

Just as Atalanta was about to leave the door, Sky and Diana swooped in from the balcony, yelling at each other like they were sworn enemies. Things escalated. They fought with everything they've got, along with the fact that they're pulling everyone in their turmoil.

Ainya peeked out from her room in curiousity. She was emotionless like always and she didn't bother to mask herself with new emotion. A vase hit her in the face and she didn't bother notifying anyone.

Death X and Shizuko also poked their heads out. Shizuko tripped on her skirt and Death X caught her. He pulled her in as a glass table shot in their direction.

"Would you two quit it!?" Atalanta roared, anger coursing in her every facial expression and veins. "I pay the fucking rent here, so I suggest you two shut the fuck up or get out of the house!"

Sky and Diana both stopped grudgingly and stomped back to their individual rooms.

Atalanta closed the door with a slam.

Shizuko stepped out of her room and noticed Ainya's bleeding head. "You're hurt!"

Ainya waved her hand. "No. It's fine. I've been through worse."

Shizuko tried to muster up the courage. "You can't just say that. I—I'll help you bandage up."

Ainya shook her head. Shizuko turned to Death X for backup. Death X crossed his hands and backed off into his room.

"You're on your own," he squeaked.

***

Reactions from the OG crew:

Death X: Oh, my... //sweats//

Atalanta: O_O What have our creators creater?

Sky: I-is that an evil me!? Kill it with fire!!

Ainya: That is my dream come true...

Shizuko: //pterodactyl screeching//

Lara: I-I think that's mildly uncomfortable...

Diana: Holy mother of fuck--