Voice

Instinct was what guided him.

His guts told him what to do.

There was nothing he could trust but himself.

But somehow he could turn into the very monster he had fought to destroy.

So, tell me.

Should I trust myself, or not?

* * *

Boboiboy was a straightforward person, excluding factors such as Yaya's infamous cookies. With his sun-kissed skin and innocent eyes, no one could ever say no to him. He was seen as naïve, but that perspective will quickly change as people acknowledged him as the hero who had saved the universe countless times in the past.

In spite of his ignorant appearance and the occasional painstakingly oblivious moments regarding confession and romances, he was a true leader. People could depend on him and he could depend on himself. He can't let anyone down, including himself. If he were to be honest, he would rather let everyone else be disappointed than put himself down.

This mindset was obscured by his heroic, selfless sacrifices. Ever since the Boboibot incident occurred, he had adapted to the fact that he was never going to satisfy anyone, including himself.

He decided that he would selfish for a while. Yeah. Just for a little while.

What could go wrong, right?

* * *

Heartless

Selfish

Villain

Merciless

Hopeless

Darkness

E nD le Ss

S U f Fe R in G

KILL ME

...

He could still hear the voices up to this day.

* * *

Day 57 without saving people. Boboiboy can't say he felt guilty as he sat by the sidelines and watched his team do the work, but he can't sat he was delighted either.

The burning planet didn't scare him. The sight of people dying and their flesh melting didn't frighten him.

It was the fact that he no longer minded that terrified him.

Day 73 being selfish. Boboiboy could only imagine the things that his team were talking about him behind his back. Nothing good, he presumed. Nothing mattered anymore. They ignored him, devastated by the change of his personality and attitude. Soon they began to avoid him.

Suddenly he didn't seem so kind and innocent.

Not after all of that. Not after his bland remark of "It's only some corpses," after an impromptu rescue mission. "They're in a better place now," he'd said with a blank look on his face.

Day 94 as a dormant hero. He left TAPOPS because everything was avoiding him like the plague. He remained in space, travelling through the planets that he'd ventured before. Villains that escaped tried to take their revenge. They failed brutally as he obliterated them without any second thoughts.

Blood was drawn. Lives had yet to be taken. They all walked away with a missing limb, or crawled away with a severed leg.

No decapitations, fortunately.