Stranger to the End

It wasn't any other day, despite the warmth of the sun breaking down to the grass; the brisk winds combing through emerald leaves on branches that had thrived through time, and the silvery, lucid clouds that phased in the sky, the world had turned upside down within a moment's notice.

Yahya never, ever paused to consider the factor of change, nor did he mull over the thought of the visiting of someone from outside. Pulau Rintis had always been a relatively small, shut in area. The people here were born, raised and died here. Rarely had anyone left into the city or townsfolk would enter. Everyone was a familiar face.

Things never actually changed, which no one nor nothing had made an effort to. The weather remained consistent, and so did their routine. Everyone lived peaceful lives here, with events such as a children's soccer match being claimed as exciting and wild.

He knew he was someone for peace and harmony, but he always yearned for excitement. Something more than this. Something more than this island.

However, as he grew from a child dreaming to a teenager, life in the island had proved him thoughts wrong. Life was simple, life was bland, but it was peaceful, and it was his.

So imagine his surprise when he found an alien space ship in the junkyard, the extra-terrestrial vehicle brimming with artificial life in the dark of night. He hid by a broken down fence, head craned to spy on the discovery, which he noticed two figures. They resembled humans, both with dark purple hair. They unboarded the ship and headed off, leaving the hanger wide open.

Curiousity got the best of him, and he ventured into the ship, undaunting of what could occur. His eyes squinted to the harsh lights, but he adapted just as quick as he set foot inside. This was not what he had expected his night to go.

Yahya passed through a room that he assumed that was for meetings, and for the record, aliens does have some sweet tech. He quickly diminished the thought of admiration, as he had to escape soon before the aliens noticed his intrusion.

He opened another door, the frame locked down with metal, the door itself sturdy and stainless, with no means of escaping. But when he leaned forward, inspecting the metal, the door slid open, like something you would see in a sci-fi movie, revealing a dark, dimly illuminaged room within, and a chamber.

Through the dark, he saw faint light. Aura-like, streams of turquoise light flowed through a barrier, reflecting the silhouette of a living being restrained to the wall.

Dim lights emerged from the walls, with no visible source. With the illumination provided, he could navigate himself through the room. As he approached the prisoner, it became clear to him that it was a human, a young girl nonetheless.

He was inches close to the barrier now. The girl's head was hung low, her chocolate hair spilling on her shoulders and bags obcuring her face. Her limbs were restricted to the metal cuffs on the wall, and her body was lifeless.

She was wearing an orange miniature, crop top, sleeveless collared jacket over a sleeveless turtleneck. Her shoulder was exposed, but the rest of her visible hands was covered with black fabric of some sorts. Perhaps long-sleeved gloves? She was wearing light-blue shorts, with black stockings that reached above her knees.

Not the best for common wear, but he doubted that this girl was anything but normal. She might not even be human. All of her design choices was meant to be combat, and judging by her bruised skin, it's clear that she'd been in a fight. Scrapes were littered here and there, with patches of blood plastered on her cheek.

Yahya didn't know what was going on, but he knew that this isn't something he could ever understand.

A voice boomed behind him, "Stay away from there."

He spun around, only to be faced with another girl. She had purple, short, ragged hair, and her clothing suggests that she is not of this realm either.

"Who are you and why are you here?" she demanded, voice deeper than his, which put his puberty phase to shame. "How did you get in?"

Yahya screamed internally, noting the sword on her belt. "I—I… I was just taking a stroll and I saw this ship and I—I got lost! Please don't kill me!"

The girl's nose wrinkled. "Tch. Humans. It's not like you can do anything anyway." She pointed her thumb to the exit behind her. "Get out of here before my captain knows."

"Wait!" Yahya rushed, voice reedy. He gestured to the prisoner. "Who's this? Is she human?"

She nodded, crossing her arms. "Are you that eager to die?" she grumbles, distaste lacing her tone. "But yes, she's human, and it's none of your business. Things we do here isn't something you can understand."

"What did she do?"

"Don't know."

"And you locked her up?"

"It's my captain's orders. I have to follow them." The girl growled. "Get out. If you come here again, I will not be so lenient."