26# Just a scratch

SCOTT

"Scott?" Melissa said into her phone, her voice slightly shaky.

"Mom, what is it?" Scott replied nervously.

"You need to get down to the hospital as soon as you can. It’s Y/N."

Scott stuffed his phone into his pocket and ran out to his bike, going crazy with worry. You weren’t on the deadpool, since you were a human, but Scott knew there was a very real possibility that someone could try to hurt you to get to him.

He burst through the front door of the hospital, running up to the receptionist’s desk where Melissa stood waiting.

"Mom, where is she? What happened?" His voice wavered, terror consuming him.

"She got into a car accident," Melissa replied, grabbing onto Scott’s hand and pulling him down the hall. "Nothing major, she just hit her head on the steering wheel. We just finished testing for concussions and the results should be out in a few minutes."

She led him to a room and opened the door, waving him in.

"Scott!" you exclaimed from the bed, happy to see him. You waved to Melissa as she left the room, giving the two of you privacy.

"Y/N! Oh, God, you’re okay, you’re okay," he breathed, taking your hand.

"I’m fine, Scott, don’t worry. Even my car’s okay." 

"What happened?"

"I saw a deer in the middle of the road and stopped short," you explained, biting your lips. Your animal-loving instincts had definitely failed you tonight. He laughed lightly, resting his head on the edge of the hospital bed.

"Of course you did."

He bent down to kiss your hand and you relaxed into the pillows, sighing.

"Are you sure you’re okay?" Scott asked, worry written across his features once more.

"Scott, babe, it’s just a bump on my head. I’m fine," you replied, laughing a bit. "Your mom is going to come back in here and tell you I’m fine. We can get the best doctor in the world and he can come in and tell you that I’m fine."

At that moment, Melissa returned, holding a folder full of papers.

"Good news, Y/N; you are officially concussion-free." She smiled down at you as both you and Scott let out a relieved sigh. "You’ll be free to go home in a few hours."

Scott shot forward and pressed a kiss to both of your cheeks.

"I told you!" you joked, pulling him down to kiss your lips.

"You’re sure you’re okay, though?"

"Scott!"

STILES

"Now, these might take some getting used to, Y/N," the doctor said, handing you a pair of crutches.

"You’ll have to use them for a week or so while your ankle heals up."

You sighed, looking down at the gray brace on your leg. Earlier that evening, you had tripped over one of your younger brother’s toys and went flying down the stairs, luckily escaping with just a twisted ankle.

"Let’s go, Y/N," your mom said, helping you up. Navigating the hospital with your crutches was difficult, but you managed with the help of your mom.