37# Caught Off Guard

DEREK

Nobody really noticed how much Derek liked his balcony. Of course, there had been a few bad memories out there for the pack, but for the most part the werewolf enjoyed going out in the morning to see if anything new was going on, or at any other point in the day if he needed to clear his mind or think something through. You loved the side of Derek that wasn’t paying attention to everything all at once so much as thinking about one thing or nothing at all. Because this side of your boyfriend was revealed the most when he was out on the balcony, you could help but snap a secret photo of him with a blanket wrapped around his waist the morning you woke up in bed alone.

ISAAC

 Late night car rides on Friday nights had become an unofficial tradition for the two of you. It was something nobody else knew about— your own little secret getaway. Every night Isaac would swing by your house and pick you up around midnight, and you’d get a few snacks from a convenience store or a couple meals from the nearest Taco Bell. No matter what it was, both of you loved to sit on the side of a deserted road and have life conversations while chowing down on some totally unhealthy food. Some nights you’d make a random video of you two talking about something silly just so you could reminisce on it later, and other nights you’d each take candids of each other. Isaac managed to get on one your gazillionth night out of you giggling into your hand, and it quickly became the picture he framed, put in his wallet, showed to his friends, and thought about when you weren’t there. It was that picture.

LIAM

Even though you were extremely tangled up in some freaky supernatural drama a large majority of your days, you and Liam were just teenagers. Abnormal 15-year-olds, just wanting to hang out and do weird things all the time. Since neither of you were the type of kids to let an obstacle ruin everything else in your life, you made it a routine to hang out around town at least once a week. This week it was on a Friday after his lacrosse practice when a pack meeting was cancelled due to Derek’s schedule suddenly filling up (thanks to Braeden). The two of you were walking around downtown, on your way to a local pizza place that Stiles had suggested. The sun was in your face and you were having a bad hair day, hence the sunglasses and snapback, but your boyfriend could resist snapping a quick and unannounced photo that soon enough became his phone’s lock screen.

STILES

 As you stood outside Beacon Hills High waiting for Kira to pull up with Malia so the three of you could head to class together, you typed away on your phone to let your mom know that you’d being staying at a friend’s house that night. You weren’t too aware of everything happening around you, which explained why you didn’t notice Scott and Stiles pull up in the Jeep and begin to walk your way. For some unknown reason, your boyfriend decided to snap a quick photo of you before calling your name to grab your attention. The next week, though, you smiled harder than ever when you got an Instagram notification that ‘@batmanstilinski tagged you in a photo.’ Because, let’s be serious, it was always an honor to be the woman crush Wednesday of the best human boy on Earth.

SCOTT

It wasn’t really an unusual thing for your mom to text your boyfriend to find out where you were, since it happened quite often. You tended to shut off your phone or throw it into the bottom of your bag without thinking about it, but it had never really been that big a deal since anyone who would’ve needed you knew to find you with Scott. Because of that, Scott didn’t even flinch when he received an interrogative text from your mom, simply replying with a photo he took of you approaching him with a coffee in hand and Lydia right behind you, attaching a message saying that you were ‘right here!’