"No more talking..." (pt2)

"You should stay here for the night..." Susan said to Clayton, with her eyes glued on her phone.

"I've got to wake up early tomorrow"

"So? I'll wake you up" Susan finally glanced up from her phone and closed it. Placing it on the table.

"I don't want to be a burden"

"You're not... come on, stay. I don't want to be alone"

"How about I come again tomorrow? We could go out"

"Nuh... I don't feel like going out"

Clayton sighed, "Why don't you call her?"

"Because... I... I don't know"

"What did she say on the phone?"

"Well, Jessica believes that she wasn't there for Sam when he was in his final days..."

Clayton shook his head, "I see... so she's still going through a grieving process, you've got to give her some time"

"Oh, I'm giving her time. That's why I'm not calling her, and I don't think I'll call her again. I'm tired of running after her."

"Don't say that, it's not tiring running after the ones you care about"

"Too bad she can't see how much I do care about her"

"So what's your plan?"

"Sit back and see how she will handle it. I won't lie, I miss her like crazy but I can't do anything anymore"

"When was the last time you saw her?"

"Last week" Susan replied and took her phone again.

"And what happened?"

Susan chuckled and shook her head, "Well..."

FLASHBACK:

Susan knocked on Jessica's door, she could hear the younger woman placing her glass on the table and then walking slowly to answer the door. Jessica found her lover standing outside, smiling. But soon enough her smile faded when she saw her opening the door and stumbling on her way back to the couch.

"Jesus... it's twelve in the morning..." Susan said and closed the door.

"So?"

"Nothing..." Susan replied, trying to calm herself. She smiled and walked closer to her, leaning to her side to press a kiss on Jessica's lips but she stepped back when Jessica rejected her kiss, leaning on the front to pick up her drink.

"I see..." Susan whispered and took a seat across her.

"What?" she asked while taking a sip.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Am I not allowed to feel... blue?"

"For how long?"

"For as long as I want."

"Since you got back from Minnesota you do nothing but drink all day!"

"That is not true"

"Oh, it's not?!"

"It's not. Period"

"I really... really can't stand you when you're acting like this"

Jessica shrugged while raising her open palms in the air.

"How did we end up like this, Jess?"

"Look... I just want to be alone. I need to be alone"