Mother's Day.

"Parrot or dog?"

"Dog..." Jessica mumbled

"Car or a motorcycle?"

"Enough with this stupid game already!" Jessica shouted as both women walked into Susan's apartment, closing the door behind them.

"Well, that game is better than sitting in complete silence, right?" Susan said and followed the younger woman into the kitchen where they placed their shopping bags.

"See... the point is that I prefer silence..." Jessica murmured as she started taking out the groceries from the bags

"I don't... what's wrong with you all of a sudden?"

"Nothing's wrong with me..."

"Yeah, right..."

"Just because I don't want to talk, doesn't mean that something's wrong with me, learn the difference now, would you?" she said and stared at her lover

"It's not that you don't wanna talk, is the way you've been talking to me for the last two hours!"

"Then maybe something's wrong with you"

"Jesus, what did I do?!"

"Oh, you're asking me?"

"Wasn't it obvious? Yeah, I'm asking you!"

"Well, why don't you think about what you did and then come talk to me, huh?"

"If I could, I would!"

Jessica just looked at her for a split second and then chuckled as she stormed out of the kitchen, heading into the living room. Susan lowered her head and sighed, not knowing what she did. A few minutes passed and Jessica was now out on the balcony, smoking when Susan walked up to her, she whispered, "Is it because I didn't let you pay?"

Jessica turned to look at her and chuckled while shaking her head, "No..."

"Because I didn't wanna buy that green thing?"

"What? No!"

"Then what? Come on... The kids are coming tonight and I don't want us to be fighting at the table!"

"You were flirting with the cashier in front of me!"

With that Susan burst out laughing, making Jessica even angrier, "That's it?"

"What else do you want?"

"Jesus, I wasn't flirting with him, I was just being nice"

"Oh, shut up... Like I didn't see you, touching him and laughing... you were all over him!"

"You think I'm stupid? You think that I would flirt with him while you were there?"

Jessica widened her eyes and looked at her, "That didn't sound like I planned but you know what I mean..." Susan continued, knowing that she made things worse

"You even wrote down your phone number!"

"That's because we ordered that fucking chair! I had to give them my number!"

"You know what..." a slight smiled covered Jessica's face as she turned and locked her eyes with Susan's, "Let's forget about this, okay?"

Susan stared at her confused, "I... could do that, yeah"

"Good..."

"You know... I don't blame you for being jealous, I'm quite a catch"