Dinner. (part2)

An hour passed since Jessica left Susan's apartment and Susan was still in the same position, looking at the closed door, incapable to think straight and plan her next move. She knew she messed it up and this time was the last one. The alcohol was still running into her veins, Susan sighed and reached for her phone, all she needed now was someone to guide her, to help her and hear her.

She went through her contacts and stopped on Jonathan's number, she thought about it for a minute but it was just a passing thought, she called Clayton.

A few seconds passed until she heard Clayton's sleepy voice, "Susan? What's wrong?" he asked, worried

"Hey, did I wake you up?" she said and added, "Of course I did... fuck" she sighed and started rubbing her forehead.

"What happened?"

"I... Um... Jessica caught me... almost having sex with Jonathan"

"WHAT?" Clayton shouted from the other line making Susan move her phone a little further from her ear, "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?"

"Calm down..." Susan whispered and sniffed, tears were covering now her face.

"How... Why? Where is she?"

"I saw Jonathan tonight while I was out, he brought me home. I thought Jessica would return tomorrow morning... I mean, I didn't think much. Jessica was inside the house when we came, she saw everything"

"What exactly do you mean by everything?"

"Everything... I told you, we were about to have sex, I was naked!"

"What did she do after?"

"Nothing..."

"Did she scream?"

"No... she just took her things and left"

"She's a true lady..."

"That's NOT the point!"

"Yeah, sorry..."

"I don't know what to do... This is so fucked up"

"Yes, Susan... it is BUT try to get some sleep and I'll come by your place first thing in the morning, okay?"

"I'll try" Susan replied and hanged up the phone, throwing it on the table across her.

The next morning came and Susan was now lying on the bed, looking out of the window, her eyes turned red from crying the whole night. Out of the blue, she heard someone knocking her door, she checked the clock, 11:15 and sighed. Susan rose slowly from the bed and walked to the door, dragging her slippers.

"God, you look terrible," Clayton said and kissed his friend on the cheeks.

"I feel terrible..." Susan replied and closed the door, following him on the couch where she fell and groaned

"I wanna know everything"

"You already know..."

"I need details Susan!" he shouted and rested his legs on the table across him

"Well... like I said, I went out, I got wasted, I saw Jonathan and we talked, he offered me a ride home and when we got here I remember yelling and then we kissed, we came up here and we were about to... you know but Jessica was already here, she came earlier from L.A. and she caught us, that's all"

"Fuck, Susan..." he whispered while shaking his head

"Please, I don't know what to do..."