CHAPTER 22 ~ seeing his side

Gabe’s plan was set in action. He didn’t want to shoot Andy’s mum, never wanted to hurt anyone, especially Andy. He knew that Andy didn’t remember, but they had met before.

They went to pre-school together. The first time he had seen the small brown headed boy enter his kindergarten class he had immediately fell in love with him. He could still remember the day andy talked to him.

"No, that’s mine! Can I pwease have it back?” Gabe asked the kid who was a lot taller than he was.

Gabe didn’t like this school one bit, Every one was big and mean.
Everyone except the boy in his class. The one with silky brown and and pretty blue eyes. Of course Gabe had never talked to the boy but, he was sure he was in love with him.

“No, you can’t it’s mine now! My mummy doesn’t buy me these, so I’ll just take them from you” The big kid said with a smile. Gabe lowered his head and wiped away his tears. Gabe didn’t like crying, His daddy said that big boys didn’t cry, and Gabe knew that the pretty boy wouldn’t like him unless he was a big boy.

“Hey! What are you doing?” A pretty high voice said. Gabe looked up and saw the pretty boy looking at the big kid in a very angry way.

“It’s not nice to take people’s food, that’s what my mummy says. Give it back to him” The pretty boy said.

“No way, I want it” Gabe watched as pretty boy pushed the big kid to the ground and The big kid burst into tears. Gabe looked at The pretty boy in awe, he had just defeated the mean boy and he was shorter than Gabe himself.

“I’m Andy” The pretty boy said, holding his hand out to Gabe. Gabe took it, smiling back.

“My mummy calls me Gabe” Gabe said as Andy helped him stand.

“It’s okay Gabe” Andy said. After that, Andy and Gabe became best friends, When everyone made fun of Gabe for being two years older than them and called him stupid, Andy defended him.

Then one day Andy moved away, He didn’t even say goodbye. Gabe’s life went downhill from there, The bullying got worse and then his mum got sick.

When his mum died, Gabe was entering the second grade. Gabe's dad got really sad and Angry at Gabe all the time.

So Gabe grew up that way, as he got older, his father got more violent. From starving him, to getting drunk. To hitting him.

Once.... Gabe's dad was so pissed that he tied Gabe to the beg raped him then locked him out of the house naked. It was winter so Gabe almost got hypothermia, he ended up sleeping in the shed.

After that, Have didn't speak a word to his father. He couldn't look the man in the eyes. His father didn't touch him in a sexual way after that but just having his eyes in his made him so uncomfortable. It was times like that when he prayed to Andy, he knew Andy couldn't hear him, but it didn't stop him from praying to a hero.

Gabe was only 14 when that happened. It was a couple of years when he was sixteen that he met the other boys. They were all fourteen or so, but he was older.

Rye, Mikey, Brooklyn, Jack and Harvey we're the only five who looked at home normally. When he came to school with bruises, they didn't ignore him. They offered him a place to stay to get away from his dad. They made him feel included.

Then he met Milli. When he found out that Milli knew Andy, he became infatuated with her. She always talked about wanting to him to meet Andy. But Gabe refused. What if Andy remembered him, but didn't want to see him? He wasn't sure if he'd be able to cope.