CHAPTER 24 ~ unwelcome?

Rye was fuming. The fact that Andy was no longer in the residence of the hospital did not go unnoticed by the brunette.

His curly dark-haired friend had kept him company and stalled for a good fifteen minutes before the brown haired boy put it together.

Mikey tried to convince his friend otherwise but he wasn't having any of it.

"Mikey, how could you let him go?! You don't know what that Gabe kid is planning!"

"Ryan, I trust Andy and his judgement. He thinks that there's more to the story and that deep down Gabe is a good guy. It's not my place to tell him otherwise, this is his battle to fight. Not mine. Not Brooklyn's. Not Jack's. Not Harvey's. And not yours, understand?" Mikey said calmly, holding Rye at arms length. his hands were wrapped around the brunettes biceps to keep him from escaping.

"I know, I get it, but I still don't trust him, and I'm going after him!" Rye tore himself from Mikey's grip and began stomping down the corridor.

"You can't go after him if you don't know where he is" Mikey retorted, his voice raised slightly to reach the retreating brunette.

Ryan stopped in his tracks, realising the truth to his curly haired friends words.

"Fuck!" He whispered harshly to himself, spinning around.

"Jacklyn will be here in a few minutes to keep us company, and so Harvey will have someone to play with.

As if summoned, Harvey peeked his head around the corner and waved enthusiastically when he spotted Ryan and his boyfriend.

"Hey baby" Mikey  greeted when Harvey approached him.

"Hi" Harvey squealed out, sensing the tense air between the two. Rye sighed, rubbing his face with his hands.

"Hey Harv," Rye greets the skinny boy. Harvey grins and throws his arms around the brunette's neck.

Rye was a bit taken back at first but then he realised that he hadn't interacted with any of his friends since this whole incident started and he couldn't help but feel bad. So he hugged Harvey back tightly before letting him go.

Mikey was right, Rye needed to have more faith in Andy's judgement. So he turned to Harvey, focusing his attention on his best mates boyfriend.

"So Harv, how has your week been?"

"Um... Fun! Mikey took me to get ice cream yesterday! He says that I'm not allowed to have it very often cause then I'm hyper for a suuuuuper looong time" the light brown haired boy spoke bouncing up and down.

"Really? That unfair, don't you think?" Rye said with a smile.

"Yeah, I want more ice cream!" Harvey beamed, his hands tightened into excited fists.

"Mikey, Mike?!" Harvey screeched, he looked around realising that his boyfriend wasn't near him.

"Rye-pie, where's teddy bear?" Harvey asked quietly. Rye knew that Harvey only got like this when he was deprived of the amount of attention he usually got.

Harvey understood that right now was about Andy and his mum, so he didn't speak up when he wanted attention.

"I don't know buddy, I think k he wants to play hide and seek!" Rye said with quiet excitement that he knew would call Harvey down if only a little.

"Hide and seek?!"

"Yeah, how about we go look for him?" Just the a streak of blond came bouncing down the hall and a small scream was heard as Harvey was tackled to the ground.