1

life is what you make it out to be. if you put in effort, things will turn out for you somewhere down the road. if you live in fear, regret, and worry, you're not going to live your fullest potential.

————————————————

juliette davis

school was one of the worst things on the planet. im wasting my time for six hours of the day, to just go home and do more of what i just sat through for essentially six hours.

post-secondary and my career were two things that meant so much to me, probably two things that kept me in high school. along with my parents.

im an eighteen year old daughter to james and maria davis. maria is not my biological mom, but she has been with my father, james, since i was about a year and a half.

my biological mom, katherine, passed away when i was a year old. the reason behind it has never been known to me, but something that i have forever been intrigued to have knowledge of. which is why im venturing out to find the truth this evening since i am eighteen years old.

"hey julie" my best friend, sydney williams, exclaims as i close my locker, "what are you doing after school?"

as we begin to walk to the main doors to part ways to our car, she gasps when i respond to her, "remember, im going to find out what happened to my mom."

she nods, "now i remember. aren't you nervous?"

"nervous for what, syd? i've been dying to know for years how she passed away" i shrug, "no need to be nervous."

"well, good luck" she says, giving me a hug as we both part ways.

after turning on my car, i take a deep breath before beginning to drive to my destination which was a lawyer's office.

before i went in, i took a deep breath and got out of my car. im not going to sugar coat anything, the area was kind of sketchy but it also gave off a very rich, boujee vibe.

the woman at the front desk was a little bit cocky looking, but was pretty nice as i started to talk to her.

"im here to see mr kingsman" i state, waiting for her to type my name into the computer system.

she nods, "his office is on floor twenty eight, you can head up there by the elevator. turn right once you get onto the floor, his room is right at the very end on your left."

i nod, "thank you" i walk away and make my way through the building, finding the elevator and pressing number twenty eight. as the elevator slowly rises, it suddenly stops on floor twenty two. two young men walk in, one of them a few years older than me and the other about the same age.

"floor twenty eight?" the blonde asks me, dimples appearing as he smiles to me. his friend beside him had dark hair that was sloppily pulled into a man bun.

"yep" i respond, leaning against the wall of the elevator for the last six floors. the door finally opens to let me out, i smile at the two men as i walk out.

arriving at the lawyer's office, i knock. an evident sound of locks being unlocked was heard before the door opens.

"you must be ms davis" the lawyer smiles, letting me in, "how are you?"

"fine thank you, how are you?" i retaliate.

he nods, "good thank you. come on in" he closes the door behind me as i have a seat in the chair, "so, from what i read, you're here to find out about the passing of your mother when you were a toddler?"

"i was about a year old, from what i was told, and the reasoning behind her passing has been hidden from me which i find suspicious" i explain, "im eighteen years old and feel as if im ready to know."

mr kingsman nods, "understandable. what was your mother's name, ms davis?"

"katherine fields" i inform him. he types on his computer, scrolling through things and clicking a few times.

he nods, "you're absolutely sure you're ready?" i nod as a response, letting him continue, "ms davis, im very sorry, but your mother was killed by what appears to be... your father. it says on the notes here, your father and mother got into an argument, things were said that shouldn't have been, and your father was drunk at the time of the argument. a vase was thrown, it hit your mother and she had trauma to her head. internal bleeding, as well as bleeding from cuts, and a concussion all contributed to her death."

my mouth hung open, the information sinking in, "um.. wow, thank you for informing me, mr kingsman."

he nods, "that is all of the information i can provide you."

taking that as my que to go, i nod and stand up to exit the office. i head back to my car with tears welling up in my eyes, preparing to have a meltdown.

—————————————

hey y'all,
welcome to undercover. so far, it may seem boring, im sorry. but i've written up to chapter four so far, so i know how it's going and it gets way more interesting... i promise.
sammy comes in, in the next chapter.
hope y'all enjoy :)