16

nate maloley

juliette was out with sam while they were on their outing, date, hangout... whatever you want to title it. i don't really care.

the boys and i were having a not-so-agreeable conversation, or argument. again... call it whatever, i don't care.

"bro, you sound like a dumbass!" johnson practically yells, "he has never, ever fallen in love so hard where he's basically gone blind to his past. this is good for him!"

gilinsky shakes it head, "i agree with shawn on this one. he is putting too much trust into the relationship. they have known each other less than a year, they live together, and now they're sharing a bed and bedroom together."

johnson rolls his eyes, "you sound like a dumbass, mister bed and bedroom. who cares what they do? he's happy, she's happy with the fucking shit life she's living!"

as you could tell, i was staying out of this stupid, pathetic argument that was going on between every boy in the house. if sammy boy's happy, let him be. nash had just previously entered the conversation after informing cameron on what he's missed since he's been extremely busy lately, also not paying much attention to sammy's life.

"why do you dumbasses care?" nash laughs, "if he's your friend, be happy for the guy who deserves it. he works his ass off, he deserves to come back home to a girl who can give him stuff we can't."

shawn stands up in a hurry, "that's what i said! thank you!"

cameron shakes his head, "no way, they have a right to care about him. he needs to be aware of what his decisions are, what the consequences are, and what can happen. he's risking a lot being with her, but he's risking more by taking her outside."

gilinsky dramatically stands up with his arms flailing, "thank! you! dallas!"

johnson rolls his eyes, "shut up, g. sam has every right to take his girl out, lay in a bed with her, and date her in general. be honest, all of you... including you, skate. if she wasn't interested in sam, sam wasn't interested in her... are all of you saying you wouldn't make a move?"

matthew laughs, "hell yeah, all of us would. guaranteed."

gilinsky scoffs, "that's not the point, j."

"yes it is!" johnson yells, "bro, if you're getting uptight abo—"

johnson is cut off by gilinsky, "im not being uptight."

i decide to interrupt all of them, "okay shut up. shut. the fuck. up. you're all being selfish, all of you are just thinking about what you think and being thankful you have somebody agreeing with your ass. sammy's our bro, he's our best friend and works so hard for all of us. who cares if he's dating a girl that we brought here? one of us would be, and if it happens to be him, great. you're dwelling on shit that is pointless. he's smart, he's protective, he's strong. he can protect her if he has to. just let it go and be happy for the guy."

all of them shut up, listening to me as i ranted. after listening to them arguing for hours, trust me, brain cells are lost.

as everybody goes back to what they were doing prior to this dumb argument, i get a text from sam.

sammy
everything good at the house?

nate
you bet bro
how's the date ??

sammy
i've never been happier
she's so happy too, we're coming back soon

nate
sounds good

i put my phone down, locking it as i watch the two jacks fighting over a dumb video game. i swear these boys argue like girls, man.

————————————

"goodnight boys" juliette says, walking up the stairs as she rubs her eyes tiredly.

as sam sat on the couch, each of our heads snap towards him. cameron wiggles his eyebrows, "so?"

matthew pauses the game they were playing, "how was it?"

johnson and gilinsky both spin in the chairs, while gilinsky rests his elbow on his knee and his chin in his hand, "was it worth it?"

sam sighs, "so, it was amazing. she makes me happy, really happy. and yes, it was worth it. anyways, as great as it getting drilled with questions... it's been a long day. goodnight dumbasses."

sammy leaves, leaving all of us with sighs as we decide to shut everything down and all retire to our bedrooms.