7

third person

juliette had one of her most memorable, happy, and relaxing days at the confined home with the boys. nate took the entire day to talk to her, get to know her, and also answer any questions she had about anybody or anything. some of the others boys, like matthew and the two jacks, also joined in on letter her have a day of fun.

the reason behind this was since sammy was not in the house all day. due to his absence, they were able to talk to her about anything. something he would definitely not allow.

though, when sammy returned to the house after a rough, stressful day, the last thing he wanted to see was a house that was a mess. and well, due to the day that some of the group had today, the house was quite messy. but, he also saw juliette with a sponge as she cleaned. nate was on the couch, enjoying his time to relax. but, sammy had other plans.

"nate" sammy's jaw clenched as he nodded his head towards the stairs, an unhappy expression on his face.

nate looked at juliette who had a worried expression as she watched the two go upstairs. not daring to listen in, she continued to clean but heard low rumbles from the floor above her.

"what the hell did you guys do today, nate?!" sam's voice evident to juliette's ears as she begins to get worried.

nate can handle it, she thinks to herself, knowing better than not getting involved.

shouts are heard, before matthew suddenly runs upstairs from the basement, "is that sammy and nate?"

juliette nods slowly, watching matthew run up the next set of stairs.

"go away, matt!" sammy screams loud, slamming something that causes an outrageous sound throughout the house.

matthew returns downstairs with a glum expression, "just warning you, don't go upstairs."

juliette silently nods, wondering why sam could be so furious today. is it because they decided to have fun?

———————————

after about thirty minutes of sam and nate yelling, nate returned downstairs and left the house without saying a word. sam, also, had disappeared but he was still within the house. juliette had gone upstairs about ten minutes after the yelling stopped and nate left so she could go in her room to sleep.

she was fast asleep, but there was a person in the house who had to say something... and that person was only a few feet away.

he walked into her room quietly, closing the door and sitting on the edge of the bed. he brushes the loose hairs off of her face, hoping she doesn't wake up.

"i have to say this, so i hope you're not going to wake up or are pretending to sleep..." he sighs, scared of what will happen if she does hear him, "bringing you here feels like both a bad and a good thing... both of them affecting you and i in different ways. i know you're upset here and you hide it, and i do wish i could let you out, but i really don't know what would happen to you and i don't want to lose you... i can tell the bond you're making with the boys and it's amazing to see, but i don't want you to get hurt... i-i have definitely, um, built up obvious emotions and feelings for you. i don't know how to express them, so i suppress them which results into anger since i can't do anything about it... point is, i have feelings for you and they're growing so much more which is why i was so protective and gave nate shit earlier. you mean a lot to me, whether you know it or not and i want to protect you forever."

he left the room, sighing and walking down the hall to his. he felt good and relieved, but he was unaware that once he left, her eyes opened and she smiled. she felt comforted and happy, being able to fall asleep soundly within minutes after his confession.