12

sammy wilkinson

"will you be my girlfriend?" the words finally slipped out of my mouth, taking juliette completely by surprise.

her mouth is slightly open, her eyes quite wide as she silently stares at me, "wait, really?" 

my eyes settle on her, watching her as i try my hardest to discover what exactly she was feeling. her reaction wasn't necessarily one that i was expecting.

"i mean, yeah?" i question, the smile from my face beginning to falter as i wonder if this was a complete and utter mistake. why would we go and express ourselves, just for me to take it seriously and want something serious with her, but then she may not even want to begin anything with me? "are you going to say anything else?" 

she smirks, "are you worried im going to say no?" 

her reaction is completely throwing me off. i don't know what the fuck she's trying to accomplish here. 

i scoff, "if you're going to say no, juliette, then just say it." 

"no" she states, causing me to completely be taken back that she was so blunt about it. i go to get up, leaving her here, but she grabs my wrist to bring me back down to the couch. i avoid any eye contact with her, really not wanting her to see the hurt that im feeling, "no, im not going to just say it. because i wasn't going to say no." 

after her little stunt, i look up at her with my mouth slightly open, "you- what?!" 

she smiles innocently and pecks my cheek, "i wanted to see how much this meant to you, and i mean, by the way your face fell it was pretty evident that you actually do want to be with me. but anyway, i wouldn't just come out and say no, that would be cruel of me to do after sharing my feelings with you. of course i'd want to be with you." 

i smile like an idiot, "i hate you for doing that."

"it ended up okay" she shrugs, "don't hate me." 

"it didn't end up okay" i furrow my eyebrows, causing her to pull her's together in confusion, "it ended up better than okay." 

she chuckles, "is it just us here? or are the other boys upstairs?" 

"they're all out. matthew was last to leave" i inform her, answering her odd question. 

after my response, she leans in and kisses my lips. i pull her onto my lap, holding her waist as i kiss her back. it was this exciting, new feeling. after one more minute, she pulls away and looks at me, "this was sweet, you know?" 

i nod, "you deserve it. im glad i told matthew to go buy you those things." 

she tilts her head, "sam, did he buy them?" 

shaking my head, i try to change the subject, "he picked out good stuff, though."

"sam" she warns, "did you give him money to buy the stuff?" 

a sigh leaves my lips as i nod, "yes." 

she leans in to give me yet another kiss on my cheek, "well, thank you. i appreciate it a lot."

"it was nothing" i look away, not wanting her to see the growing smile that is on my face. 

though, that wasn't her plan. she lightly presses her hand on my cheek to move the front of my face back straight so i am looking at her, "it wasn't nothing. it was sweet of you. all of this is sweet of you." 

i look at her with awe as i push a piece of her loose hair behind her ear, "im going to protect you forever, you know that?" 

"i believe it" she comments, "i may not be able to much outside, but im going to try my best to be a really good girlfriend for you." 

as she sat on my lap, she leans down and lays her head on my chest. my hands trail up and down her back soothingly, "all you have to do is be yourself, that's more than good enough." 

she wraps her arms around my torso, holding onto me tightly and mumbles, "can we watch a movie?" 

i kiss the top of her head, "of course. any preference?" 

"something funny. i like your laugh" she states, causing me to chuckle. 

"your wish is my command" i tell her as i search for comedy movies. 

as i turn on some random comedic movie, she is slightly falling asleep on my lap as she remains in the same position as before. the door is evidently unlocked as four loud boys walk in. 

"shut up, dumbasses" i try to say as quiet as possible, while the two jacks, nate, and matthew walk in. 

"aw!" nate yells loudly, causing me to roll my eyes, "you guys are going to be my favourite couple ever." 

johnson smacks nate's head, "shut up, she's sleeping."

gilinsky walks over to me and does a fist pump with me, "i take it that she said yes?" 

"after playing me and pretending to say no, she said yes" i say with an annoyed tone. 

they all chuckle, while nate speaks up, "when are you going to tell her that she's going to be sharing your room with you since we're turning her's into her... you know?"

i shrug, "i don't know yet. maybe when she wakes up?"  

"she's going to be so excited" johnson states, "she's going to love you." 

matthew nods, "by the way she reacts to clothes, she's going to be over the moon about this."

"hopefully she likes it, i mean, she deserves it" i, again, shrug with a grin on my face as i peer down at her. 

"well, we're going upstairs. see ya, wilk" gilinsky says, the other three following him upstairs as i sit happily with juliette continuing to sleep on my lap. she moves her head, hugging me a little tighter but then letting go. it was adorable. 

she was adorable.