epilogue (part two)

WARNING: THERE ARE NO EXPLICIT SCENES, BUT THERE IS A TOPIC IN PART TWO THAT MAY BE TRIGGERING OR UPSETTING. THE TOPIC OF SUICIDE IS BRIEFLY BROUGHT UP WITH NO DETAIL. BUT IT IS THERE.

-------------

third person

finally, the wilkinson family was a complete family of five. with the now one year old noah, juliette is finally back to work which she was absolutely ecstatic about. sam and juliette were even happier than before, while they both tried to be the best parents to their three children.

sam
hey baby, did you leave the building yet?

juliette
yeah i left an hour ago and picked up noah and ave

sam
okay, i'll pick up logan on my way. im leaving in ten
see you soon babe, i love you

juliette
drive safe love
i love you

it was an extremely healthy relationship the married couple had built. from living with each other to being separated, to moving back in with each other really made them have a stronger relationship than ever.

juliette's phone began to rang from the counter as she was tidying up, preparing to begin cooking dinner. she peered down at the phone, seeing her stepmom's name being displayed.

"hello?"

"juliette, darling. are you busy?" maria asks, concern in her voice that is completely evident to juliette's ears.

the worried stepdaughter hoists herself up on the island to speak to her stepmom about the seemingly serious matter, "no, not at all. why?"

trying to be discreet, maria sniffles but juliette catches it before maria begins to explain, "ava is in the hospital, darling."

juliette's eyes widened, "what? how come? how did you find out?"

"you know the anniversary of your father's passing is coming up in a couple of days. she tried to end her life earlier this morning. she had you and i as her emergency contact and they just called me about half an hour ago explaining everything. she is okay now, they are just trying to restabilize her and get some nutrients flowing through her first. i thought i should tell you before cole just in case you want to go see her and talk with her" maria informs and explains everything to juliette on the phone, juliette becoming extremely light headed and sick to her stomach.

juliette was nearly speechless, but she didn't know if she should be upset and grateful or angry and grateful. she knew she couldn't go until sam got home and who knows, he will probably insist on going with her, "i can't go right now, sam isn't home from the office yet. im going to go tonight and hopefully get there soon, when are you going?"

maria sighs, "juliette, i don't think im going to go until tomorrow. she definitely won't want to see me, she hasn't wanted to in years. i know she's abandoned you as a sister, but she will welcome you back in before she even thinks about me. why don't you and sam drop the kids off and i'll watch them, which gives you guys a couple days alone? and, you know and i both know that sam won't let you go to the hospital alone, darling."

"sure, absolutely. um, i'll text you when sam gets home and when we're leaving. it'll probably be within the next hour" juliette informs her stepmom while trying her hardest to not pass out, throw up, or cry.

"okay sweetheart, see you shortly" maria says, hanging up the phone just in time for sam to walk through the front door with a smile on his face, ready to embrace his wife happily. he immediately notices the glum expression as juliette opens the flood gates and lets her tears roll down her cheeks.