epilouge (part one)

WARNING: THERE ARE NO EXPLICIT SCENES, BUT THERE IS A TOPIC IN PART TWO THAT MAY BE TRIGGERING OR UPSETTING. THE TOPIC OF SUICIDE IS BRIEFLY BROUGHT UP WITH NO DETAIL. BUT IT IS THERE.

-------------

third person

it was a warm, early summer morning in los angeles. although it was the onset of an extremely beautiful day, on the seventh floor of the hospital contained plenty of screaming from both mothers and newborn babies.

"where the hell is sam!" juliette screams as she follows the instructions by her doctor regarding pushing.

"go get sam, hurry up" nate says to matthew, the two who were standing in the waiting room just outside of the room where juliette was, "he's coming, julie. don't worry, ma."

twenty six year old, juliette wilkinson, is currently having her third child with her husband sam wilkinson. surprisingly, the two got married just about a year after juliette left the house of the boys. they have now been married for seven years, living in a house with their two, now three, children. sam is twenty eight years old and happier than ever. the two also own their own company, one that juliette wanted to start after she experienced everything with her father and her family. the two are the ceo's, though they hardly ever see each other at work due to the different tasks the two participate in.

sam suddenly walked in the room, seeing his wife with tears welled up in her eyes as she looked uncomfortable. she outstretched her arm, while sam took hold of her hand.

"you're doing great, baby" sam whispers in her ear, before kissing her forehead.

after lots of screams, lots of comfort from sam, lots of tears running down juliette's face, they were finally able to meet their third and last baby.

"he looks like you" juliette looks up at sam with a smile, a tear running down her face due to her happiness.

sam smiles, "im going to go get logan and avery."

logan is the oldest child of the three. the five year old trouble maker who aspired to be just like his dad, but was definitely a mommy's boy. juliette was twenty one when she had him and swore he was going to be the only child she ever had. then came avery, the daddy's girl who still loves her mom due avery's wish to grow up just like her mother. she is three years old. juliette had her at twenty three, and again, said she would never have another baby. yet, here they are.

the two kids walk in, running up to their mother. avery's eyes were wide as she looked at her mom.

"mamma, are you okay?" avery questions while her eyes scan her mother in the hospital bed.

juliette laughs, "yes sweetheart, do you want to meet your little brother?"

avery nods her head as logan stared at the newborn, "what's his name?"

"noah" sam responds, standing on the other side of the hospital bed as he stares down at his family.

juliette looks up at sam with a smile, "we did good."

he nods, "we really did."

the next few minutes was filled with smiles. the wilkinson family finally being completed by the addition of baby boy noah. juliette was going to be able to leave later on that day, relief washing over the new parents.

"what time was he officially born at?" juliette asks her husband, peering up at him as he brushes baby hairs off of her forehead. noah was getting washed up by the nurses and in the brief moment, juliette and sam were able to quietly talk amongst themselves before chaos hits when they get home.

"the time was exactly 4:18am, baby. are you tired?" sam asks, taking hold of her hand as he caresses the top with his thumb.

juliette nods her head slowly, "just a little."

sam laughs, "so a lot?"

she rolls her eyes, "if you say so."

the two were a perfect fit for each other. they balanced each other out in a way that was indescribable. the boys remained in the two's lives. let's just say, the wilkinson children had a variety of uncles. matthew and juliette remained the closest, while nate was also by juliette's side if she ever needed it. sam remained best friends with all of them, though his closest was nate and the jacks. the four were inseparable.

as sam stayed by side of his wife, he watched as she slowly drifted into a sound slumber. nate and matthew appeared at the doors of the room juliette was in, signalling for him to come outside.

"don't wake up mom, okay?" sam says to the two happy kids who stood at the end of the bed as he walked out of the door, "yeah?"

"how's she doing?" matthew asked.

sam nods, "good. she's just tired."

nate places his hand on his best friend's shoulder, "i don't say it much, but im proud of you. everything that you guys have done."

it was true, the happily married couple have been through so much. juliette had lost contact with her sister, ava shortly after she had went back home when she was eighteen. ava absolutely loved and cherished their father, so finding everything out was a bit much to handle for her. when ava found her boyfriend who she claimed was the love her life and her soulmate, she moved in with him and neglected her entire family, except her father's side. ava had absolutely no idea about the children juliette's had, the children who happen to look up to ava as an aunt.

cole on the other hand came back into juliette's life in a millisecond and was helping her adjust back to the normal life of a teenager. when he met sam, the two hit it off without any feelings of hatred or anger on cole's part. as for maria, maria was heartbroken when ava left the family. but she also understood since she felt entirely lied to and used from her late husband as well. her and juliette bonded and built a relationship that resembled a real mother-daughter one. when juliette had the idea for the company, sam hopped on board and helped her immediately. the two worked together to build the company which is now more than successful. it's thriving.

even though they work alongside each other, they don't see each other much since sam mainly handles the meetings, going out of the building, travelling for business meetings. whereas juliette mainly does all of the human resource action - hiring, firing, lining up important meetings, making sure the employees are on the right track, helping with accounting and whatnot.

the nurse came to interrupt the conversation of sam and his friends to give him the newborn baby. sam smiles at his best friend, "thanks man" as he rocks the newborn in his arms, "do you want to hold him?"

nate's face was soft, "i mean, is that a good idea?"

nate ended up taking hold of noah, grinning down at the small child in his arms. it was a very different sight to see, especially with how nervous nate is when it comes to holding a child. he is extremely good with both logan and avery, but this was an infant.

"i think i'd maybe like one of these some day" nate stated, causing sam's eyes to widen from the words that left his friend's mouth. nate was not one to want a child as he never expressed those feelings.

"you'd be a good father" sam states, "they're just a lot of work."

nate chuckles, passing noah back to sam as sam gazes down at his newborn son. his life seemed perfect, and although he believed it was as close as it could get to perfect, he couldn't help but think something could go wrong. things have happened to him in the past where he got used, betrayed, and hurt after protecting and loving someone with all he had. he didn't want that to happen again.