Chapter 28

Soren's Pov.

When I opened the door, I figured Kevin left his car keys or Emma her purse. Or Kevin his purse. I was not expecting the very girl standing before me. Her long black hair but cut to her shoulders and her big blue eyes looked brighter. Her freckles still were sprayed across her nose and she had gotten taller. (still not as tall as me) Considering when I'd last seen her, she looked better. Way better and pretty.

"Soren!"She yelped jumping up and wrapping her legs around my waist.

I stumbled back a bit but gently set her down for a hug. "Zoe?" I questioned, she nodded and pointed to her bag.

"But how did you? Why are you? Wow." I stuttered shocked.

She shrugged putting a piece of her hair back behind her ear. She looked like me which was strange considering we only shared our dad's genes. "I left home. I'm off to college." She said happily.

I shook my head in awe. "You graduated a year earlier? Its not possible."I muttered to myself

She shrugged and gave me a hug again. (Ugh, this kid's gonna kill me with affection) "Don't act like your superior. Your only a year older than me and haven't gone to college." She said, putting her hands on her hips.

"Nuh uh. No way sister. You are not moving in here. Kevin walks around half decent and I'm already sleeping on the couch and Emma. Oh god, Emma. I can't just kick her out." I ranted walking back and forth.

Zoe raised her eyebrows at me. "Fine! I'll stay at the school dorm. All alone with my creepy guy roommate. Hope he doesn't want anything from me considering I'm still a..." She went off.

I doubted she had a guy roommate but I really didn't want her to finish that sentence. "Don't even say it." I warned her

"Virgin."She whispered, laughing uncontrollably.

I sighed and sat down. "Fine. you can stay here but on one condition." I told her

"You pay rent. And don't get free rides to school." I told her.

"YAY!" She said taking her bags and putting them in Emma's room aka Kevin's room.

I groaned and called the only person who I might be able to help me in this situation. "Claire. You got to help me." I told her over the phone.

"I got my own problems."

"Yah well I got my seventeen year old half sister staying at my house and trust me she is a hand full." I told her.

She sighed, "What do you want me to do?" She asked

"I have to go to work so just entertain her after she's done with school. You'll like Zoe, she's sporadic." I told her.

"I think you used the word wrong."

"Will you take her or not?"I asked

She sighed again, "Fine. Do I get paid?" She asked.

"Nope."

"Fine."

Zoe's Pov.

Soren was hardly my brother. In fact he hated me for a loong time. His dad cheated on his mom with my mom just a year after he was born and then bam! Little baby Zoe, the bastard daughter was born. Soren and I didn't find out until he was thirteen and I was twelve. The whole time I was told my father died, its bad enough thinking your dad cheated on your mother, its harder to think my mother was the one he cheated with and I was just the accident. The mistake that happened.

I knew I couldn't live with my mom anymore so I went to the only person who understood. The only person I knew who cared and wouldn't kick me out. That person just happened to be Soren, he stopped hating me when he turned sixteen. Instead he directed his anger on his father and from the looks of his back and legs, his father directed his anger on Soren. It couldn't have been easy growing up like that, I hate myself for being born and my parents for cheating. My mom tells me she didn't know he was married but at that point I don't really care.

I put my bags in a dank room with lip gloss and women's products everywhere. A curling iron here, a pad there and then one really gross looking bed. "Okay, Maybe I should have taken the offer for a dorm at school." I muttered to myself

I could tell Soren was on the phone in the other room. "Yes? Okay. Okay. I owe you one. Your the best Claire. Thanks a million." He said ecstatically

I snuck up behind him as he put his cell back in his pocket. "Who's Claire?"I asked him

"Do you like her?"

"No."

"Why are you blushing?"

"I'm not!"

"Yes you are!"

"SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND!"

"Is it you?"

"NO!"

"Well than who is she?"

"Your babysitter."

"I hate you."

"Don't worry the feeling is mutual."

"You ever get tired of being single?"

"Do you?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Your still..."

"Pfft. You believed that?"

"Wow. I'm shocked."

"He he. It was under the bleachers."

"Zoe, please stop."

"It was fuuuuuun."

"Stop right now."

"He knew exactly..."

"LA LA LA LA LA CANT HEAR YOU. I CANT HEAR YOU!"

"Fine. Stop acting like such a baby."

"Okay."

"Good." I said ending the conversation

"Kevin's hot." I said mischievously.

He groaned. "Seriously. Stop. Right now. Just stop."

"I was just saying he's tasty."

"Get out."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you."

"You didn't."

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt your feelings."

"YOU DIDN'T"

"If it makes you feel better. You look pretty good too."

"Eww. Zoe. Seriously? Just stop. Talking. Right. Now."

"Okay gosh."

He then groaned really loudly. "That's kinda sexy." I told him.

"Stop."

"Okay I will." I said nibbling my bottom lip.

"Stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?"

"I have to go to work."

"Okay have fun sweetie. I'll be here waiting." I said in a sing song voice

He left slamming the door.

"Mr.Grumpy Pants."