T H R E E | Escape

[...]

[Present day: 6 years later (Total: 17 years)]
[Kisaki's POV]

*sigh*

- You ok Kisaki?

I looked at my dad.

He had tired eyes with bags under them but nonetheless, according to my mother, he still looked almost the same as 10 years ago. It was the same for my mother. They keep telling me and my sister that the reason for that is a serum that that has been injected in their bodies 17 years ago.

I grew up in this room. Sometimes, I would go out, but that was only to shower or to go to the bathroom.

But I couldn't blame my parents. It wasn't their fault that they were taken away from the world by a psychopath.

Luckily, mom and dad were pretty smart, so they learned us everything we needed to know.

They were heroes before they were kidnapped. They told Kiba and I that they were about to graduate from this school for heroes called U.A.

- Yeah, I'm fine.

The room I was born and raised in was split in two. One part was a room my parents set up a few years ago for training and the other was for sleeping and eating.

Jack, our guardian, took care of us for the last 6 years. He's really nice and I developed a good friendship with him over the years. He helped us with multiple things, such as the training he wanted us to do.

He gave us a sheet with push-ups, sit-ups and all of that to do everyday, so that we stay healthy despite being stuck in this room. And if we were to skip a day, he would seriously get mad. Even my mom and sister got scared and started doing it more seriously. And we all loved to joke about how mad he would get.

- Hey Kisaki, come here.

I looked at my dad and raised an eyebrow. Then, I stood up and went to sit across from him.

- I'm proud of you, he said.

I smiled.

- Thanks dad.
- I knew it was the right choice to give you One for All. I know you'll make great use of it.
- But... why not give it to Kiba?
- Well Kiba already has her mother's quirk as well as my second quirk, Copycat, so you both have two quirks.
- Oh, ok.

Then, the smile on his face disappeared, a sad look started to take place.

- I promise to get us out of here. This serum that bastard gave us must have it's limits.

He sighed.

- Why don't we just ask Jack? I ask.
- I don't want the poor boy to get caught. He's already doing a lot for us and it's a surprise Shigaraki hasn't noticed yet.
- We could still try.

He looked at me with determination in his eyes, and smirked.

- You're exactly like me when I was your age, y'know?

He smirked.

- I was quirkless and I wanted to be a hero. But I still applied to U.A and got One for All.
- I'd like to meet all those people you talk about, I said, curious.
- Oh yeah?
- Yeah, and grandma too!
- Ah, yes. I bet she'd like you and Kiba. She always said she wanted grandchildren with green hair.

I laughed.

- Tell me more, I asked, interested.

He smiled at me before continuing.

- I'm glad you're not like other teenagers.
- Those who hate their parents are just idiots, I said, rolling my eyes.
- I'm glad you think that! What would you like me to talk about?
- What did your friends become?
- Oh, my class! Well, they became the top hero agency in the whole world!
- The whole world?!
- Yeah! I was suprised too!